For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
C

• 

1 Message

Thursday, November 5th, 2020 5:38 PM

internet access

I am not sure my message went through before.  I would like to know when you are going to provide internet access through fiber optics, to my area.  There are several of us that want it.  We have stopped paying for our phone line, since we can't get the internet we need.  I am looking for a W@H job, but they all want, DSL, Cable or FiOS internet.  It was installed next door to us just last year and that was a real disappointment to the rest of us.  We live in Crawford County, WI.  Please contact me for more details.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

3 years ago

This is a customer-to-customer message board.  No one will call you.

You can check HERE for availability of services.

Scholar

• 

3.8K Messages

3 years ago

@cnatkin_1 

It was installed next door to us just last year and that was a real disappointment to the rest of us.  We live in Crawford County, WI.

What do you mean by it was installed next door?

Is this a house on the same side of the street as you or are you in an Apt building and discussing that Fiber was available in the Apt building next door?

Dave

Former Employee

• 

22.2K Messages

3 years ago

I suspect your ILEC for your zip code is CenturyLink, not ATT... 

Other possible ILECs include Frontier, TDS, Windstream, etc.

Within ATT 21 state select area footprint, 80% of all addresses have hardwired services, most are fiber / copper based such as FTTN (Fiber To The Node) with speeds of 100, 75, 50, 25 depending on copper distance from VRAD fiber connections. OR ADSL2+ with best speed of 18 then drops as copper length increases to 10, 5, 3, 1.5, .76 Last is the 14+ million with Direct Fiber which is about 18% of all addresses, meaning 4 out of 5 is NON DIRECT FIBER.

For the other 20% (15+ million) will be cell tower internet either as FIXED WIRELESS (1.1 million within 18 states) or HOMEBASE aka HOTSPOT.

OF course your address needs to be within ATT footprint... if your in a different telco provider area such as CenturyLink covering Prairie Du Chien, Wisconsin then ATT internet will not be an option other than the HOMEBASE HOTSPOT.

Enter your zip code to find the ISPs for your area, may not cover your address. https://broadbandnow.com/

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.