Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
trondeau's profile

• 

1 Message

Tue, Jul 26, 2022 6:57 PM

Installation Question regarding Vapor Barriers

I am looking into ATT Fiber installation for my home as a secondary or possibly the primary internet source with Spectrum as a backup. I work from home so if one has an outage I would switch to the other circuit. My question is related to the Fiber installation. Is there a lot of under-house work to be done other than running the lines, etc? I ask because I have a vapor barrier under my home that I do not want to be thrashed about or disturbed too much. Any input would be greatly appreciated. 

my thoughts

Employee

• 

19.5K Messages

2 m مضت

Best to ask the installer… if not comfortable after talking with the installer cancel the installation.

The tech could run fiber to the side of premise, install a NID on the side then drill a hole straight into the home where the ONT and gateway would be placed on an exterior wall. This avoids going under the home and any penetration of the vapor barriers.

In our section of the country (Midwest, Milwaukee market) the vast majority is basement access with depths of 5 to 8 plus feet underground. Some lake front addresses may have crawl space but that is the exception not the norm.

For those with completely finished (drywall) basement the only option is outside to inside drilling. 

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.