Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
J

• 

1 Message

Friday, May 15th, 2020 12:53 AM

I want Fiber optic cables

I am beyond disappointed with the lack of knowledge from customer service. I have been trying to reach someone since January to inquire as to why my subdivision does not offer fiber optic cables, but the apartment complex LITERALLY NEXT DOOR does. Even the subdivision directly across the street offers it. I am dangerously close to leave for Xfinity if someone cannot get me answers as to why it's not available or if there are any plans to lay cables. The entire street is riddled with AT&T poles and flags saying they are burying cables, and i even get emails stating its available in my area, but every-time i call i'm told its not. My entire subdivision is so fed up with this. Highland Park in Pearland, TX. My address is (Edited as per community guidelines).

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

davemize

ACE - Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

3 years ago

Customer service only knows where service is now, not when it will expand into a specific area. AT&T has never discussed expansion plans with the public or local field employees. You mention service is available all around you; is it on your street? Do immediate neighbors to either side of you have service? If so, you can request an address verification, supplying the addresses of your immediate neighbors with service. If this doesn't apply, you'll have to look at other existing options in your area.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.