Shop Now, Avoid Delays - Get Our Best Holiday Deals!
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
leahmike's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Thu, Oct 15, 2015 6:41 PM

I had to bury my own fiber cable after sloppy install

I have had Gigapower in Atlanta since May. After repeated requests to have the fiber cable properly buried an ATT contractor came out in July and attempted the procedure only to cut the cable in half leaving me out of service for two days(he told me he had never buried fiber). A crew came back and installed a new fiber cable but again just dropped it on the ground. No one has ever come back to properly bury the cable. Part of it crosses a dirt road that I have been unable to use since the May install. Tired of waiting I got out a shovel and buried the part that crosses the road myself. The rest of the fiber cable still remains exposed in the grass where I have to navigate around it with the lawn mower. 

Walking around the neighborhood I see other ATT fiber cables laying on the ground in the same manner. This is sloppy installation and needs to be addressed. I should not have to keep calling customer service about this.

Guru

• 

1.1K Messages

6 y ago

@leahmike wrote:

I have had Gigapower in Atlanta since May. After repeated requests to have the fiber cable properly buried an ATT contractor came out in July and attempted the procedure only to cut the cable in half leaving me out of service for two days(he told me he had never buried fiber). A crew came back and installed a new fiber cable but again just dropped it on the ground. No one has ever come back to properly bury the cable. Part of it crosses a dirt road that I have been unable to use since the May install. Tired of waiting I got out a shovel and buried the part that crosses the road myself. The rest of the fiber cable still remains exposed in the grass where I have to navigate around it with the lawn mower. 

Walking around the neighborhood I see other ATT fiber cables laying on the ground in the same manner. This is sloppy installation and needs to be addressed. I should not have to keep calling customer service about this.

Please contact ATTCustomerCare with the link in my signature. Explain your situation. Please include your name, account number, phone number, and a good time to reach you. Check the blue envelope at the top right corner of this page for their reply. Be sure to also check the email account you signed up with for this forum.

That did not sound fun. Hope they can fix it for you. These arn't the normal CS people, but the people who know how to help you get things done.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 y ago

I followed your instructions and got an email on October 18th stating that this had been escalated and would be completed in 21 days. That is the last communication I received concerning this issue. Please advise.

Thanks

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

25.6K Messages

6 y ago

@ms_unicorn, I think the poster is saying it has been more than 3 weeks since he received an e-mail stating it would be fixed in less than that.

Can you check into his case for @leahmike?

ms_unicorn

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

6 y ago

Thanks for the heads up, @JefferMC!

@leahmike, I'm looking into this for you, and I'll let you know as soon as I find out more information.

-Mariana

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 y ago

Yes that is correct. thanks for the reply.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 y ago

Ok now I am furious with your company! My yard guy ran over it with the lawn mower and I am out of service. This is exactly what I feared would happen since it was not buried properly!

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 y ago

Can I get some help here?
ms_unicorn

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

6 y ago

Hey, @leahmike!

I'm so sorry to hear you're still having issues with this. I've reached out to the person who was working on your case, and I'm continuing to work on this today.

-Mariana

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 y ago

The problem now is a total outage. A new drop is required. How do I know it's been reported? Thanks

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

6 y ago

HI @leahmike,

We apologize about the issues, and we will work on getting this issue resolved for you.

-ATTU-verseCare

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.