Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
Stunner10's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, January 7th, 2018 3:01 AM

I Did Not Get Fiber While I Was Told I Would!

A sales rep came to my house a couple weeks ago and told me about the bundles with Directv and AT&T. What caught my attention was that they would provide fiber for my area. He said the plans were internet 50 and internet 100 both on fiber! I told him internet 100. When the Tech came the following week I asked him if it was on the fiber line because when he got to my house he was walking around the house to find the best signal and did not take that long. He told me it was on COPPER lines! I have the sheet the sales rep gave me that says FIber Internet 100

How do I explain this to AT&T without headaches of them telling me i need to upgrade or pay more!

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

So did you permit the installation?  At what speed?  At least up to 50 you can use copper so you should not care about the physical connection unless you need that speed for uploadsThis table implies you could have copper for 100 as well although I don't know if they really install those speeds on copper.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I asked for internet 100 on fiber. Like I said I have the paper that shows I asked for internet 100 on fiber. The technician also told me that it was copper and that it was not fiber because he installs fiber also according to himself. I was gonna get the paper to show the technician when he got back because he said he was just gonna go close the box where all the cables are outside the house but he never came back and left. Oh and my I also say the technician was suppose to be at my house from 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM but then got an email saying 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM and did not come until 3:00 PM! All he did was look for the best signal for internet and then connect my gateway and activated the account and left!

Scholar

• 

290 Messages

6 years ago

@my thoughts quote:

"If you have Uverse you have fiber, always has been."

Fact is that the salesman for AT&T told the customer @Stunner10 that 100 "was on fiber". 

To 99.98% of ALL consumers that means FTTP.  Nobody, at least ordinary customers, think that being told a service like this is

"on fiber" realizes that it is fiber to the VRAD and crummy old copper last mile loops...NOBODY, and you know this. 

It is DECEPTIVE salemanship and should be considered a form of fraud. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.