K

• 

4 Messages

Tue, Feb 23, 2021 4:29 AM

How do we receive help when no one is qualified to help

I have been trying to download McAfee Internet Suite for over a week now and no one has been able to help. I've spoken with reps, tech support, loyalty department even McAfee tech support. I even had a rep tell me to go to a neighbor to use their phone (during this pandemic). I'm truly sadden with how customer service has fallen down during this time. I only wish and pray that I can move so I no longer will have to put up with their par service and join Xfinity. The rep from McAfee states that when I click on the "get it" button it should be redirecting me to their page to download, but it doesn't. I have mentioned this several times and no one listens. I also been trying to get the server setting to sync my Outlook with my AT&T mail; however the rep told me to contact Microsoft Office. Which I did before contacting my service provide which is what Microsoft informed me to do because they (AT&T) would know the service setting for IMAP and POP servers. It is so alarming that no one knows anything at AT&T and I will definitely be putting this on every social media outlet I can fine. 

my thoughts

Employee

• 

19.2K Messages

1 y ago

https://www.att.com/support/article/email-support/KM1010523/

Email protocol Inbound server Inbound port SSL Outbound server Outbound port
POP3 inbound.att.net 995 Yes outbound.att.net
IMAP imap.mail.att.net 993 yes smtp.mail.att.net 465 or 587

(edited)

• 

4 Messages

1 y ago

Tried all of that and nothing works. Did that prior to contacting AT&T customer service

• 

4 Messages

1 y ago

All my connections are blocked from AT&T that is why I have reduced my services to the bare minimum. It is truly sad that they are deliberately going out of their way to ensure I have no access yet harass me about a bill that is not even due. 

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

28.7K Messages

1 y ago

Also note for that Mail clients that don't support AT&T/Yahoo's oAuth implementation (e.g. Outlook), you need to get a Secure Mail Key to use as your password.

• 

4 Messages

1 y ago

Yes I created that and I finally got it to work. Now trying to get the so call free McAfee install. Sad that I couldn't get any help from tech support

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

28.7K Messages

1 y ago

So, what is your problem with the McAfee install?

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.