Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
C

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, November 11th, 2020 5:12 PM

How do I request ATT to start providing internet in my area?

I live in a small town and ATT provides internet to 94% of the town. I, unfortunately, live in the 6% they dont cover. I have been struggling to find out how to request them to start covering that last 6% so I can finally have reliable internet again. I've had to deal with Rise Broadband and Ziplink for 2 years now.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

3 years ago

they arent building out fiber anymore, and not allowing new customers for copper (u-verse) internet or dsl ,

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Not allowing new customers? Seems like a very bad business practice... Hard to believe they don't want new customers when they are sending those solicitors throughout Walmart all thr time... 

So if this is accurate, anywhere they dont support is just never going to be supported. Fine. Then I will reach out to someone who does want customers 

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

3 years ago

The people in Walmart are Walmart employees not At&t employees. At&t is moving away from uverse and dsl has been unavailable for new customers for 11 years. 

Former Employee

• 

22.2K Messages

3 years ago

94%, is there another DSL provider (ILEC) such as CenturyLink, Frontier, TDS, Windstream, etc? If yes, ATT would not be expect to build into another company territory.

If no, is the area LEGACY DSL, no new customer, will be using ATT cellular service.

ZIP CODE?

For my zip code 53188...

Summary Of Internet Provider Availability In Waukesha, Wisconsin

• AT&T Internet - 90.3% Availability in Waukesha - Speeds up to 1,000 Mbps
  • Spectrum - 100.0% Availability in Waukesha - Speeds up to 940 Mbps
  • TDS - 11.0% Availability in Waukesha - Speeds up to 100 Mbps
  • CenturyLink - 8.1% Availability in Waukesha - Speeds up to 60 Mbps
  • Viasat - 100.0% Availability in Waukesha - Speeds up to 100 Mbps
  • HughesNet - 100.0% Availability in Waukesha - Speeds up to 25 Mbps

EDIT...WAUKESHA is NOT a small city, county seat to the west of Milwaukee..

Waukesha, Wisconsin Population 2020 (Demographics, Maps ...

worldpopulationreview.com › us-cities › waukesha-wi-...
With a 2020 population of  72,811, it is the 7th largest city in Wisconsin and the 502nd largest city in the United States. Waukesha is currently growing at a rate of  0.18% annually and its population has increased by 2.96% since the most recent census, which recorded a population of  70,718 in 2010.

(edited)

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

@Constructive - OK, now I know you're (Edited per community guidelines)ing. If they haven't accepted new customers for UVerse in the last 11 years, can you explain how I was a new UVerse customer 3 years ago at my last house before I had to move. Not to mention the "walmart employees" as you claim them to be say they work for ATT, so thats interesting. Who shouldnI trust? Some (Edited per community guidelines) online or the people saying it to my face. Look man, all I want is actual help. Not misdirection (Edited per community guidelines) answers. I can see this will not be of use since you're just a (Edited per community guidelines). I will search elsewhere. 

@my thoughts - I dont live in Wisconsin. Im in Central Texas. 

(edited)

Former Employee

• 

22.2K Messages

3 years ago

You can use the same site I did to check your options for your zip code...

https://broadbandnow.com/

Scholar

• 

3.8K Messages

3 years ago

@Chrisptaco both @my thoughts & @Constructive are AT&T employees posting on there own time to help customers and or potential customers.

If you go back and read @my thoughts post he was providing an example in his market and the current AT&T situation.

The only thing that is fully under your control is to move to where there is the AT&T Fiber or high speed coverage that you are looking for. Next up you can fill out this web form and indicate that you want to be notified if AT&T expands fiber into your current area.

https://www.att.com/shop/unified/availability/address-research-request.html

The last check box near the bottom of the first block of the form:

Dave

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

3 years ago

I said dsl was eliminated 11 years ago not uverse Karen 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.