Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Thu, Oct 22, 2020 9:51 PM

How do I get Fiber to my house

I have been putting up with Comcast for years and I would like to switch, your DSL option is the only option available to me but that is too slow.  I would really like the option of symmetrical speeds with Fiber.  But fiber is offered all around me but not to my my block.  It is literately across the street.

How do we get Fiber on our block?  Do we need a list of neighbors/potential customers that would commit to switching or how do we get this done?

Thank you,

Justin

Responses

my thoughts

Employee

• 

16.5K Messages

a month ago

According to you fiber is already there... across the street.

Street can be dividing lines outlining the areas of service, have you considered moving?

If not, then IF or WHEN fiber may be brought to your side of the street this decade would be unknown. Past 4 years ATT provided direct fiber to over 14 million addresses, that is done... unknown until the company announces a phase 2 that more fiber will be deployed to existing BROWNFIELD addresses. 

Company statement from January 2020...

https://www.telecompetitor.com/att-plan-is-to-have-7-million-att-ftth-subscribers-by-2022/

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

15 days ago

This is silly, not going to move to just get fiber lol.

Also, everyone keeps ignoring my question.  I want to know how to get it here, not when or if it is coming.  I want to be able to contact someone and make some kind of arrangement to bring it to my neighborhood.

dave006

Scholar

• 

991 Messages

15 days ago

The simple answer is you can't contact someone at AT&T.

You and more than 4-20 million others want the same thing. I hope that you can understand why AT&T does not have a way for individuals to call and request AT&T run fiber to their address.

If you don't want to move to an area that already has Fiber you really should consider another ISP at your current address.

It generally costs AT&T 18-36 months of work effort and millions of dollars to plan out and build a new fiber area. So you should understand that it is done on a very large scale and not address by address or even block by block.

How many neighbors are on your block? How is it available across the street, overhead service or underground?

When you say it is available all around you do you mean every other street but your block or maybe they are in defined service areas.

Dave

Get started...

Ask a new question