For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
jake13207h's profile

• 

1 Message

Sunday, September 25th, 2022 2:56 PM

How do I get Fiber Internet at my house?

How do I get fiber optic internet available in my house?

Former Employee

• 

22.3K Messages

2 years ago

You need to live at an address where fiber internet is available.

Currently about 32% (19+ million) of Hardwired addresses within ATT 100+ markets in 21 states have direct fiber option. By end of 2025 (3+ years) that will have increased to 50% (30 million) within footprint. This includes new construction areas, apartment / condo complexes, and existing single family subdivision. Note not all addresses will receive fiber.

Some possible clues as to IF ATT Fiber will be available option over next several years.

1) population density, the higher the better, more residential addresses in smaller area.

2) if your current service from the pole or underground?

Upgrading pole neighborhood can be performed faster and at less cost than hiring contractors to bury/bore conduits. while neighborhoods with underground facilities are upgraded, these are generally large areas with several hundred homes.

3) existing speed tier availability? ATT has stated that most upgrades will occur in FTTN areas where fiber is already in place at local VRAD… just requiring last distance conversion. FTTN are speed tiers of 100, 75, 50, 25 depending on facilities and copper distance from those facilities.

The last (4) new PFPs (fiber point of distribution) in our area of coverage have all been from the pole, with 80 to 300 addresses, existing FTTN service. The underground have primarily been new construction.

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.