For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
Mviz1's profile

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, June 28th, 2022 1:12 AM

How do I get AT&T to give me internet that I am paying for?

Moved my Fiber account to a new build house. No internet here yet. ATT won’t lay a temporary line because it will be across a side walk. Instead they lie and say it will take 1-2 weeks for a survey and dig. 3 weeks later I call and ask them what’s going on. They apologize and promise they will call the contractors and get them to speed it up and call me back. No one calls me back. One week later goes by and I call and threaten to cancel and move to spectrum because they installed a line and it is ready. I am then told it will be done next week and someone will call me asap. No one calls me and here I am. I want fiber but I’m fed up with this. How do I get a fiber line buried so I can actually have internet?!

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

2 years ago

Install Spectrum. (can't believe I actually suggested that horrid service)

The very next day AT&T will say they're ready.

But seriously, unless your area is different, I don't think Spectrum has any contracts so you actually could get some sort of Internet service now while you want for AT&T to get their act together, then order fiber and cancel Spectrum.

One thing's for sure.  It's never a good idea to take anything that an AT&T CSR tells you as reality. 

Hopefully one of the AT&T employees (not ATTHelp) will pop in and give you a better idea of the timeframes involved.  I'm almost wondering if the rest of the infrastructure is in place and that burial is the very last step for you.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.