Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
SOLINOID's profile

• 

1 Message

Thu, Jul 14, 2022 3:55 PM

How do I find how do I find out if I have an AT&T easement? I haven't signed anything in 30 years.

{EDITED] ATT for digging in my yard without permission.
This is the link to the Facebook page that I added live video broadcast a month ago, as they tried to run me over. And now today they dug in my yard.

[EDITED per Community Guidelines]

What is a Right of Way? It's a legal agreement between a property owner and an electric utility that allows the electric utility to access the property directly beneath and to each side of an electric power line. This is sometimes referred to as an easement. I signed no easement or right of way.

dave006

Scholar

• 

3.3K Messages

3 m مضت

Look at your formal property property filing with your local city or county officials. There does not need to be a specific easement for AT&T.

Normally it is just referenced as a Utility Easement aka a private right of way.

There are several types of easements, including:
  • utility easements.
  • private easements.
  • easements by necessity, and.
  • prescriptive easements (acquired by someone's use of property).

Dave

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

29.9K Messages

3 m مضت

As dave006 says, your original plat probably outlines a right of way from the centerline of the road that provides access to the government for the road and maybe a sidewalk some day, and for utilities such as sewer, water, electricity, cable, telephone, internet.  Check with your county registrar of deeds (or whoever handles such things in your state) to see your original plat.  

dave006

Scholar

• 

3.3K Messages

3 m مضت

@SOLINOID 

Looks like the work is already done based on the picture you added. That Green cover on the ground by your mailbox is a standard AT&T Carson branded Fiber underground Hand hole cover.

Due to the proximate location near  your mailbox would indicate it is located in an existing Utility easement along the road.

AT&T Fiber access will improve your property values.

Dave

Constructive

Employee

• 

29.4K Messages

3 m مضت

the original owner of the property or house agreed to allow for a 1 time payment and it stays for life until at&t abandons the easement regardless if the house or property changes ownership,  its also agreed that at no time can they be denied access to equipment nor a reasonable path to reach the equipment without requiring notice, these easements are backed by easement laws, you would have better luck getting out of a timeshare than getting out of an easement. laws prohibit blocking, tampering, modifying or destroying any telecommunications equipment

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

7.5K Messages

3 m مضت

@SOLINOID   Thank you for the FB link.  Yes, I think moving to China would solve your issues with big companies and government restricting your rights.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.2K Messages

3 m مضت

Check with your local property tax office to find out where the utility easement lies.  If the work was done within that utility easement, you have no recourse.

Constructive

Employee

• 

29.4K Messages

3 m مضت

You sir were out of line. First off they were in the street and you don’t own the street. Second you jump behind a spool of conduit that big there’s no way the driver could see you. I agree with others. Move to China. Your property doesn’t extend to the street. [EDITED per Community Guidelines]. Your video only shows more defense for AT&T. 

(edited)

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.