Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
CubanJimbo's profile

Contributor

• 

13 Messages

Thu, Jun 16, 2022 12:30 PM

How Can Installation Be Possible Without Fiber

Hello,

I received a door tag for AT&T work in my neighborhood in the coming weeks.  When I went to the URL mentioned in the tag to get details on the AT&T Fiber product, the site immediately said I was good to order fiber.  I even get messages in my AT&T wireless page to sign up for fiber now that I am eligible.

So, how can a technician be coming tomorrow morning to install the Internet 1000 product when I have never seen any fiber for AT&T buried in my yard?  I work from home, so see all that goes on in my street.

Is there another way to connect the fiber product from further away?  Has anyone else had this problem?  I am just waiting to see how the tech will be able to do anything.

Thanks.

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

29.8K Messages

3 m مضت

The fiber could be aerial (on poles) or below ground.  If there are not fiber pedestals or vaults/handholes and no utility poles near your house, I think the installation will either be very short, or cancelled (with or without notification to you).  Sometimes there are errors in the database.

Contributor

• 

13 Messages

3 m مضت

Thanks.  This morning my order quietly had a date change to December 31, 2036!!  With no email or other notification of their screw up.  Nice way to do business!

dave006

Scholar

• 

3.3K Messages

3 m مضت

More likely the door tag was informing you of upcoming AT&T Fiber work in your neighborhood.

Do you have buried utilities or overhead utilities?  Either way I doubt you will miss the contractors.

It is possible that part of your neighborhood already has Fiber service and they are expanding service to your address. Normally they load bulk addresses to the Standard address DB for a fiber service area. So could be human error.

Dave

ATTHelp

Community Support

• 

200.1K Messages

3 m مضت

We're here to help, CubanJimbo! Let's work together in a DM to see what's going on with your installation.

We'll be sending you a Direct Message in a moment. Keep an eye out for a notification at the top right-hand corner of the forums, next to the bell icon, for our message.

Looking forward to working with you!

Donovan, AT&T Community Forums

Contributor

• 

13 Messages

3 m مضت

Hello, Donovan.

I apologize, but I do not see any notification of a direct message.  Can you send that again?  Thank you

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

7.4K Messages

3 m مضت

@CubanJimbo   Please be careful and don't post any personal info. ATTHelp Donovan must have misfired because this thread is still PUBLIC. 

Contributor

• 

13 Messages

3 m مضت

Thanks!  That was my impression also.  So, that is why I asked how to do that direct message.  :-)

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

7.4K Messages

3 m مضت

There's a message icon in the upper right that gets a red dot when there's a DM.

If you don't see that icon at all then there are three possibilities...
You aren't logged into the forum.
You're on a phone or tablet.  Try rotating to landscape mode to see if it appears.
You're using a browser that, for reasons unknown, doesn't show it.  Try a different browser.

Contributor

• 

13 Messages

3 m مضت

Thanks for this information.  Maybe it does not like Safari.  I will see if it is there on Chrome.

Contributor

• 

13 Messages

3 m مضت

Well, no difference with Chrome.  So, I guess no DM.

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

7.4K Messages

3 m مضت

What about on your phone, no message icon at all there either?  Note, the red dot doesn't appear when ATTHelp posts that they're going to send one.  For whatever reason they sometimes don't create the DM for as many as a couple of hours. Plus, once the DM is active, there's a limited time for you to respond before it expires.

Contributor

• 

13 Messages

3 m مضت

I am on a desktop computer and never saw that icon.  I guess if they really want to help, they would need to send it.

There really is nothing to do here....if the fiber is not installed, no way to connect it to my house.

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

7.4K Messages

3 m مضت

Oh well, it's likely that their "help" wouldn't really get you anything you don't already know.

One thing.....did you try and order residential fiber service?  I ask because that picture on the order doesn't look like any gateway they use.  It looks more like a switch.

Contributor

• 

13 Messages

3 m مضت

Yes, their database was incorrect and it let me order the fiber and schedule in tech installation.  It was to have been tomorrow morning.  But I tried several times this week to confirm with them, since I never saw the fiber buried on my street.

So, they all seem to have been going by the same database.  Now today, my address is no longer qualified, but the account and the order are still active.  I even got an email stating that fiber was now available on my street!

That database goof really messed a lot of things up.

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

7.4K Messages

3 m مضت

No, I meant it wasn't some sort of Business service or anything other than regular residential fiber.  That box is just odd.

Yeah, AT&T has a history of keeping terrible records even back when all they had to deal with were just regular POTS lines.

This sort of start/stop order thing seems to be a common subject here.  Many times it's because there are equipment problems (often shortages) and engineering doesn't communicate with marketing so marketing blasts out the availability flyers, emails and turns it on in the ordering system. 

But keep checking the availability page, you never know. 😁

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.