1975ralvarez's profile

• 

1 Message

Fri, Jun 17, 2022 11:31 PM

HELP!

Hard to believe that it's come to this, but I don't know how to proceed, so I guess I'll try this forum - 

Three weeks ago, we moved residences and scheduled a transfer of service from home we moved from to our new home.  The technician wasn't able to pull the fiber line from the street to our home due to an obstruction in the conduit and said that they had to call a 3rd party contractor to remove the obstruction, and it could take up to a month to resolve.  A little inconvenient, but no problem.  This past Wednesday, the 3rd party contractor removed the obstruction, pulled the fiber cable to the house, and let us know that we needed to contact AT&T to connect the cable to the house.  The next day I contacted AT&T to set this up.  For whatever reason, this ended up being a call that lasted about one and a half hours, but we were able to get a technician scheduled for the install the following day with an arrival time between 8am-10am.  Today, install day, no one shows up.  I call AT&T to see what happened and it appears that there's a note in my account stating that there is a blockage in the conduit and this needs to be resolved in order for a tech to come to my house.  This blockage has already been resolved.  For whatever reason, the customer service agent cannot remove this comment or update my account to reflect the current status of this job.  Another one and a half hours later, I am handed off to a supervisor.  The supervisor seemingly understood the situation, but also was having issues removing this note from my account.  He said that he would resolve this and call me back, but after an initial call to let me know that he's still working on it, I never heard back.  I obviously hesitate calling again to potentially go through another hour plus of back and forth, and I really do want to use AT&T, but I honestly feel like I'm stuck here with no ability to resolve a seemingly simple issue.  I just need a technician to connect a cable to my home so that I can have WI-FI, but am stuck because a service call can't be scheduled because of this note???

I'm hoping that someone from AT&T reads this and is able to help me with this very frustrating issue.  I've literally spent over 3 hours on the phone with customer service in the past two days, as well as adjusted my work schedule to accommodate the time given to me for the service call where nobody showed up.  Not to mention the time to write all of this.  Sorry if this seems like a rant, but I just need some help here. 

Thanks.

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

16.5K Messages

3 m مضت

@ATTHelp hopefully they'll see the tag. 

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.