The phone that makes your everyday epic. Buy the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G now!
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
martylavender's profile

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

Thu, Jun 16, 2016 6:08 PM

Gigapower - Static IP addresses - Connection issues

I have a block of static IPs. Everything is setup within my RG. I have the RG handing out static IPs first for testing purposes.

I have one Windows 10 x64 VM running that is pulling a static IP address. I can ping anything via command line. When I open a web browser within the VM, it will sometimes connect and others not. 

I dont know if this is coincidence while I am connected remotely, but I notice that it appears my remote session dies for a small period of time and then will come back. Once it comes back, the VM is displaying a page stating that the broadband is down (this is the page the RG spits out)

My question is, and no one at ATT seems to want to answer this. Perhaps they just dont know. Do you have to allow DHCP to hand out the static IPs within the static IP block or can you manually assign them? 

Is there also something I am missing here in setting this up? I also have  CentOS 7 VM running that I first attempted to use with one of the static IPs but ATT told me that they dont support Linux and wanted to know if I had a Windows machine I could test with. Hence the Windows 10 VM.

Any help would be greatly appreciated with this.

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

6 y ago

Some additinal testing.

From a physical machine which has a 192 address, I can ping the static IP that is currently being used. I can also ping the gateway address. These both being 45.25 addresses.

The VM can ping the gateway. When I attempt to ping an outside domain now, i.e., google.com, it is showing the IP of this domain but the pings time out.

Additionally, if I go back and have this pull a 192 address, the VM can get to the Internet, I can ping anything, I can also go in and SSH into the VM from the outside WAN.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.