Cyber Week Deals: Get $800 off the Google Pixel 6 Pro with FREE Google Pixel A Series White Earbuds!
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
meztoa's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Mon, Jan 4, 2016 6:27 AM

Gigapower Not Ready or is it.

Recieved notice gigapower available in my area.  Hurrah, since I have been stuck in the ifitl area on 1.5 mbs forever.  Set a date for install techs  come fiber and  not lighted they say.

I had to beg the tech to get him to begin the install at all.  He dropped the fiber line to my home and added the switch and backup unit,  He even showed me the fail light on it, telling me when fixed the failed light should go out the pots light stop blinking and the management light would be lit.

Ok great, he places the repair order to be completed the next Wednesday,  That rolls by no fix.

I call the service line and after so many round abouts and back and forths because no one seems to know what gigapower is or who to route the call to.  They finally inform me there is no resolution date available and they will call me when it is fixed, lol.  They actually do call me later that afternoon and provide a repair date of next Friday.

Then Sunday morning they text me to say the outside problem is corrected and text to rescedule the install.   I go outside to the new box to see which lights may be lighted no change fail is still lighted and pots blinking, even after a reset.  Did they fix it? seriously doubt it.  Funny thing,

The  old ifitl internet was out for a couple hours on Saturday pehaps they jiggled a wire and decided  the internet was working fine. 

New install appointment was made for Friday morning nothing available sooner,  guess botched installs aren't a priority since I have signed the stupid contract.

Can't find any record of the gigapower service appointment online.  I installed the app the rep suggested from the texting session.  Guess what? all it does is link to the pathetic excuse for a webage! what is the point?   In the webpage after logging in, any click you make the and system seems to need to relog you in.  This takes so long that one time it actually logged me out due to inacivity while it was trying to log me in to the next frame.

Can't wait to miss more work so some ignorant tech guy can show up and tell me its not lighted again and he isn't allowed to check because gigapower handles that part.   You would think plugging a piece of fiber into a port is some kinda of rocket science.  How can these roll out installlers continue to keep a job when they don't even check to see if what they did actually works.

At&t you are on the verge of losing a long time customer.  I actually had comcast cable in my check out cart literally as  my wife brought in the mail for gigapower availability. That is the only reason I kept service.  At what point have you broken your contract with me?  Can a responsible gigapower person be scheduled to make sure the fiber is lit before (the my hands are tied) guy shows up?

mibrnsurg

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

6 y ago

@meztoa   Contact ATT Uverse Care on the link in my signature below.

Send them a Private Message, on this link, and they should be able to give the help needed to solve your Uverse service Gigapower install problems.  See if they can give help/info on what's happening.

Include your name, account #, email address and a good phone # (land or cell) and time to contact you on.

Check the blue PM envelope, upper right on every page, for their reply. They can do more than any phone rep and stick w/it till it's done. Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 y ago

Thank you mibrnsurg,  

I followed your link for ATT Uverse Care (all service problems). 

Contacted and explained to them i needed an install.  A very nice person, David,  called me back a short while later to schedule the installation.  They have now broken that appointment with no call no show.  Back to zero again.  Way to go at&t.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 y ago

Informed that as I had suspected the outside line was not repaired as stated. I'm now in limbo waiting for the mysterious engineering team to fulfill their end.

I'm a member of a neighborhood forum and several others in my area are having hicups too, such as missed appointments, not working voice lines, installers that apear to just sit in their trucks for hours on end etc.. It's starting to deter others from selecting at&t as a provider.

I will post details as I get them and hopefully a swift repair with positive results this next time round.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 y ago

Update sent a message to At&t Uverse Care to get an time estimate for engineering repairs since I had not heard anything in a few days.

They took it on themselves to schedule an install appointment. This was confirmed by phone the day before and an automated text on day of. FYI I work nights, but I got up, instead if sleeping to wait for the install team to show for their 9-11am. Guess what no call no show yet again. It's begriming to feel surreal how absolutely awful service is at at&t. 

Meanwhile the advertisements for a service they cannot or will not provide continue to flood my mailbox daily. At&t Uverse Care seems like one more dishonest "customer no service" link in a failed chain of worthlessness.  There is an apparent lack of accountability for all employees, and nowhere to turn to get a solution at at&t.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 y ago

Another satisfied customer. I Went with Comcast for high speed Internet, further I bought an Xlink bttn cellular link which allows me to link up to three cell phones onto my old landline telephones.. Finally rid of at&t completely. They are so pathetic as to email to offer me a $20 a month discount to come back to the Uverse they will not correctly install.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.