Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
JT00011's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, August 19th, 2016 2:55 AM

Gigapower nightmare

I recently signed up for Uverse at my new apartment.  I was reluctant at first due to a massive headache getting DSL and phone issues repaired properly at my office,  however, I knew we were on the list to get Gigapower so I took the plunge and signed up.  3 days after I signed up I saw I could upgrade to gigapower and did.

Shortly after the upgrade visit, my DVR quit working.  I called and was told I had the wrong DVR and a new one would be overnighted to me.  The box sent to me was also incorrect and wouldn't work.  I called and they offered to send a tech out.  The tech spent several hours at my house this morning and could not fix the problem due to not having the correct box.  He told my girlfriend no techs in our city actually have the right box.  I returned home later tonight to find that my only working box is now no-longer working as well.  I called AT&T again, according to AT&T they will send another tech in a few days with the correct box to fix the problem.

AT&T is without a doubt the worst run company I have ever dealt with in my entire life.  Your techs are nice folks, and for the most part they're working hard to do a good job.  But your entire organization is a complete disaster, nobody can help a customer get a simple straightforward solution.  I spend hundreds of dollars per month at my business and a couple hundred per month now at home, it is baffling to me that I can sign up for the newest latest greatest service and get service like this.  I was bragging all over about how I was the first one to get gigapower in my town and how fast it was...fact is none of it works...and every time I call I get someone in India who has no clue how to help with anything.  According to my girlfriend the local tech spent the majority of his visit arguing with Indian tech support because they wouldn't ship the required box to my house.

My patience has long since run out, AT&T sucks.

Community Support

• 

231.2K Messages

8 years ago

Hi @JT00011

We’ll need more details regarding your account and just sent you a private message via the community forums. Click here to reply back.

ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

AT&T's service really is awful! Just agreeing with this poster. I was originally offered Gigabit internet for $70/month in Nashville (This article from AT&T itself, back in September, confirms that $70/month with a 3-year price lock-in was the original promotional price in Nashville.  I received a postcard in January with that same price, and it was that postcard that convinced me to look into it.) Not only that, I was originally promised that price for at least 3 years. The promotion didn't go through on my initial order (even though it ABSOLUTELY said $70/month before I clicked the order button - my only regret is I didn't take a screenshot.) After 8-10 different interactions with AT&T customer service providers at varying levels, most of whom told me they would absolutely be able to get me my original price promised, FINALLY got me sent to somebody with power who basically told me "Haha! Nope. The price is actually $80/month and you can only get that price for a year, even though you definitely wrote down the $70/month price and made a whole spreadsheet weighing the pro's and con's of that price point and would never have done it for $80 because it's not worth it for you at that price, but too bad for you sucker!"

Anyway, I'm now on the 100 MBps for $60/month because it's the cheapest thing they could offer me that wouldn't involve an early termination fee and I want to give them the least amount of money possible. The instant I can cancel service without giving AT&T free money I will. I hope they wasted hundreds of dollars running the fiber to my house and they never make the money back. I'm going to try to make sure to come as close to possible as my 1 TB data cap every month too, just to make sure they make as little money as possible.

Comcast service wasn't great either, but at least their low-level techs actually had the power to do things; I never had to go through the runaround through multiple providers to get things fixed like with AT&T, and I certainly never got so thoroughly screwed over in the end.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Haha! I just got the "wrecking ball" badge for my first post. I wish I could wrecking ball this entire organization. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.