For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
WarrenEaton's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, December 23rd, 2015 2:44 PM

GigaPower install fail

Has anyone had a successful GigaPower installation?

9 days without an Internet connection now. Apparently the first step in installing GigaPower is to cut off my DSL connection. Then break 4 appointments without calling. Then finally decide that a part is needed. Then promise to install the part that day for three successive days. I am assuming the next step is take a break for the holidays.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@WarrenEaton   Contact ATT Uverse Care on the link in my signature below.

Send them a Private Message, on this link, and they should be able to give the help needed to solve your Uverse service Gigapower install problems.

Include your name, account #, email address and a good phone # (land or cell) and time to contact you on.

Check the blue PM envelope, upper right on every page, for their reply. They can do more than any phone rep and stick w/it till it's done. Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Final results in - no GigaPower

The outside installer finally showed up on the 26th, worked three hours, then determined that they had buried the wrong cable across the street and through my lawn. No quality control inspection on the cable that had been run back on the 16th - it just sat there being wrong for ten days without anyone looking at it. If the outside installer had made any of the previous five appointments, maybe this could have been corrected.

After two weeks without internet, I am pulling the plug.

Recommendations - Quality control inspections for the cable installation team, do not have "turn the existing service off" as step one of your process, and, since you are a communications company, communicate both internally and with your customers. I did not receive a single call for the five broken appointments, and it was obvious when I called in that the central office and field people did not communicate.

The cherry on top - when I called to reinstate DSL and went through the entire experience with GigaPower failures, the service rep's first question was "did you know GigaPower is availabile in your neighborhood?"

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Boy do I feel your pain. Let me share. I've been trying to get an install for over 3 mos. I have spent a cumulative total of 3hrs 45mins of wasted time on the phone to get GigaPower installed at my home. To date: AT&T has dropped, meaning blew off 3 scheduled installations. They have given me no explanation. I have confimation numbers and they don't show.

When I call they give me platitudes and no official answer as to why they have not shown up. After multiple attempts to discuss with a supervisor I've given up. Oh, the customer service agents were helpful as to try to figure out what the snafu was but no action plan was given to get it installed. The infrastrcture is in place in the corner of my backyard.

This is not only frustrating but comical. How can a fortune 500 company run it's operations like this? The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. The latest this week... An installer calls to install GigaPower, but they never scheduled nor informed me of the install! Laughable! At one time the agent said it was a clerical error and it was rectified. Nope, it wasn't. It's a comedy of errors!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.