Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
RKWRDW's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, January 5th, 2015 7:28 PM

Future U-Verse upgrades

Is there a plan to increase the U-Verse speed in Warner Robins, Ga this year?  Currently the max speed we can get is 18Mb.  Will Giga-power be coming our way.  I really don't want to switch to Cox, but I can get 100Mb for 59.99 a month with them. 

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@RKWRDW wrote:

Is there a plan to increase the U-Verse speed in Warner Robins, Ga this year?  Currently the max speed we can get is 18Mb.  Will Giga-power be coming our way.  I really don't want to switch to Cox, but I can get 100Mb for 59.99 a month with them. 

You can only get that at your distance from the VRAD, CO or IRAD.  Those closer can get higher speeds.  Remember, when you apply or on your account, it'll only show up to the highest speed you can get.

Can bet those w/in 1000' of the VRAD can get pair-bonded 45M internet.

Don't keep hopes up for Gigapower, these are Georgia areas proposed:

Atlanta

Alpharetta, Duluth, Lawrenceville, Lithonia, Marietta, McDonough, Norcross, Woodstock

Augusta

Don't see anything near Macon/Warner Robins. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks for the information.  I am less than 1000 ft from the CO...will that be good enough for 45Mb when they upgrade the equipment in the CO. 

Is the CO located on North Davis Drive in Warner Robins scheduled to be upgraded anytime soon?

Former Employee

• 

33 Messages

9 years ago

@RKWRDW wrote:

I am less than 1000 ft from the CO...will that be good enough for 45Mb when they upgrade the equipment in the CO. 

Your distance from the CO only matters if you have what's called an IPDSL account (the U-verse version of DSL). If so, then being within 1000 feet won't help much because of the signal type and equipment used (ADSL 2+ with a Motorola NVG510). If indeed you have this service, the max is 18mbps for standard service or 24mbps if we use a bonded copper pair to deliver your service.

If you're within 1000 feet of the nearby DSLAM/VRAD, then you should be able to get faster speeds. You'd know this by having either a 2wire modem (either 3800 or 3801) or a Motorola NVG589. The latter being capable of up to 45mbps, or in gigapower markets up to 1000mbps.

Hope this helps!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Is there any way to find out if my CO on [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.] in Warner Robins will be upgraded to include the 45Mb option?  I do currently have UVerse and am running at a max of 18Mb.  I have been with Bellsouth/AT&T using DSL for over 15 years and would like to stay with them if it will be upgraded by spring of this year.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Will Warner Robins be upgraded to the pair bonded 45Mb anytime soon?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.