Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
R

• 

3 Messages

Friday, August 14th, 2020 12:42 PM

Frustration With ATT

I have never used ATT before for my home internet but was excited to have fiber 1GB.  I am now wishing that I had found another ISP.  Internet for me, like most people today, is a part of my livelihood so when it goes out, it is quintessential to having your car break down.  My journey of disappointment started first when I order Dish along with my internet.  The tech who came out was nice but was unable to install my dish on a pole.  He placed it on cinderblocks in my driveway ad assured me someone would be by in the next week to install it as well as bury my fiber line.  So I waited. 

A week later a crew showed up and began the process of burying my fiber line.  My fiber line was still above ground and running through my neighbor's backyard. I watched the crew from my nest cam and could hear their frustration with attempting to run the fiber to my house without having to encroach on my neighbor's backyard.  They worked on it for four days with no results.  From what I could hear, there was an issue with a pipe being blocked.  The last day, they showed up with a trencher and buried the line through my neighbor's backyard without asking.  Little did I know that the subject who buried my line didn't bury it all the way 5 feet from my house.  The line was left in mulch above ground before it went into my house.  Luckily I have cool neighbors who didn't seem to care that the trencher tore up his grass and trespassed on his property.  

Everything was working fine until I decided to do some lawn care.  As I was working on my grass close to the house, I hit a wire in my mulch.  I was perplexed as to what wire this was but then it hit me, it was my fiber line.  Anger and panic set in.  Why is this f*ing wire just sitting in my mulch and not underground?  So I called ATT to advise them of the situation.  They advised me that no one can come to fix your line until Sunday.  This is a Wednesday :(.  I am again perplexed that they have no one to just run another line or splice the line together.  The person on the line says she will put my name on a list in the event someone cancels their appointment.  

Thursday comes and I call to see if there is anything available.  The person on the line tells me I am in luck that there is an appointment between 2pm and 4pm.  I am ecstatic.  I take off from work early and try to get home in time.  My wife works from home and is there to meet him.  At 2pm she calls me and advises me the tech is here but hasn't come to talk to her.  I find it odd I didn't get a call or message but maybe it was an oversite.  I ask my wife to ask the tech if he will have to splice the line or run a new cable.  My wife attempts to ask the tech these questions but is met with a less than a friendly response of "you have your own line" while he is walking away.  My wife advises me he is being very unapproachable.  So I arrive at home and sure enough, there is an ATT van there with a guy working on fiber lines.  I try to keep my distance so that he can work and I not be a pest.  A few hours go by and my wife advises me that he has left and we still have no internet.  I thought that is strange.  I go outside and see wiring laying on the ground but a few houses down.  I go in the house and now wait on the never-ending customer service line.  When I speak to the first person, they advise that my appointment is still pending, but it's now an hour past 4.  I explain that there was an ATT person here but he left.  The customer service person tells me that he must not have been there for me.  Ok..... I tell him it is odd that I was given an appointment at 2 pm and a tech arrives at 2 pm on my street, in a major city.....seems to be more than just a coincidence.  He disagrees and I ask to speak to a supervisor (I hate saying it).  The supervisor asks me to hold while he looks into it.  I am on hold for 2 minutes and then hung up on.  So here I go again.  I call back and wait................still waiting.....finally someone answers.  I explain the situation again.   She looks at my account and seems confused.  She says "I have never seen this before".  The ticket for my appointment was still open and there was no remarks from my last call.  She advises me to hold while she speaks to someone.  I wait on hold for 10 min then, I am hung up on.......again......  I call back and wait......and wait.... then a person answers.  I go through the whole story AGAIN.  He tells me he doesn't know what happened but agrees someone is amiss.  He tells me there is no appointment until Sunday at 2 pm and that I should just give up trying to get another appointment.  I am defeated, tired, and frustrated with not internet still.  

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I was edging and it cut the line as it was just sitting above the ground.  I tried to grab another appointment today at 12 but here I am at 7pm and no one showed up.  I called the 1800 number and a nice person from Tulsa advises someone would call me for after hours.   No one called.  I don’t think anyone is coming today.  I have no idea what to do now as I can’t get anyone here. I guess I don’t have a choice but to cancel my account and get someone else. I enjoyed the speed but it appears no one is coming to fix my cord.  Due to me getting this appointment today I lost my Sunday appointment and now would have a Wednesday appointment if they even show up.  It’s a crapshoot now. 

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Well no call and no one showed up. Called again and the guy in the line said it was unacceptable what happened to me. I now lost my Sunday appointment and no one came or called today. I have been rescheduled for Wed. So my punishment for using the app was three days.  

Scholar

• 

3.8K Messages

4 years ago

Well it leaves only one option left. Contact the Office of the President. They are a very helpful special group that can get your local AT&T service group to move with urgency to address your issue.

Make sure that you are brief but specific in the issues that you have had getting a repair tech to show up. Skip the long details about how the fiber got cut and just mention that it was damaged because it was not properly buried.

Also provide a phone number that you are prepared to answer on Monday. It will be an unknown or unfamiliar number so answer any of these types of calls on Monday. If your smartphone is set to not allow unknown calls to ring, please turn this feature off.

Link: https://www.att.com/gen/investor-relations?pid=27794

Dave

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.