Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
debra824's profile

2 Messages

Tuesday, October 3rd, 2023 10:29 AM

Forced to switch to fiber?

Aside from the usual berating to switch to fiber, I've had two techs come out and inform me they would have to install a wire across my neighbors yard and across my driveway, sagging, to my house. I told them this would not work as I have to get my boat on a trailer in and out and a tall camper. It would rip it down. If they could install it from the pole it's at now, not going across the driveway, it would work. Was told they can't, left it at that. Now I get an email saying my service will be interrupted if I don't switch.. But I CANNOT. The line will be ripped down everytime I pull in my driveway . I like my current internet, I don't want to swith, so why force me? Absolutely ridiculous. I can't be the only one with this issue? 

ACE - Professor

• 

5.2K Messages

5 months ago

Strange Att wouldn’t work with you to find a mutually amenable solution.  In the long run, you do want fiber.  

ACE - Professor

• 

5.8K Messages

5 months ago

At some point Att will shut down the copper network. Go ahead and get the fiber. When the line gets pulled down, Att will have to run fiber correctly. Do you see this anywhere on the lines? This is what the fiber to each home connects to. 

2 Messages

5 months ago

The poles are so high up I can't see much of anything. The problem is I had two different techs tell me it was no other way to do it than run it across my driveway. I did ask if there was a way to get it higher up, or run it underneath my drive and being it's cement, they offered up no other solutions. I wouldn't care about upgrading if it meant not ripping a line down every time I use my driveway as intended. It doesn't make much sense to not be able to put it where the existing line is, but instead run it all the way from the other back corner pole to my neighbors yard, through hers and sag down into my driveway. 

(edited)

1 Message

3 months ago

I’ve had the same issue and now my service was suspended. I was told that they’ve tried contacting me my email and mail on an email address I haven’t used in over 4 years. I called last week about cheaper internet and no one said anything about my service being suspended without getting fiber optic. Called yesterday and got a letter yesterday saying my service would be suspended on or after December 4 and called and was told they couldn’t turn it back on unless I agreed to go to fiber optic. I also lost my part time job due to my internet being suspended so I told them to cancel my service altogether mind you I still have a landline also but it wasn’t suspended. And with agreeing to switch I still wouldn’t have service until I had an appointment for a technician to come install 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.