Military Appreciation: Exclusive savings for military, veterans, and their families!
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
T

• 

2 Messages

Fri, Nov 5, 2021 8:27 PM

Fiber towers erected in neighborhood

Very recently, ATT erected unsightly towers in my neighborhood. I suppose that the towers were erected under the guise of imminent domain. We need answers. 

Constructive

Employee

• 

27.4K Messages

Il y a 7 m

at&t doesnt erect or build towers, they lease space on towers owned by 3rd parties. regardless if they were permitted and had a right of way or easement they dont owe anyone an explanation, you want answers talk to your city government as they had to sign off on it before anyone built anything

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

17.9K Messages

Il y a 7 m

Tower construction/installation is a very long process (sometimes years) involving needs, impact studies, local and federal regulatory approval, involvement with competing providers, etc. The towers are installed on public land that is designated for a specific purpose, and if one happens to be across the street from you, there is nothing you can do about it.

my thoughts

Employee

• 

19K Messages

Il y a 7 m

Pic(s) would help clarify… I suspect what your calling towers is actually fiber pedestals that house the fiber terminal to provide individual fiber connections to those that subscribe. Current speed tiers are 300, 500 and 1000. 

dave006

Scholar

• 

2.8K Messages

Il y a 7 m

@tgrier11 

How tall are these towers?

If they are less than 20' and have a large round can at the top of each pole and the poles are every couple of 100 feet it may be the new 5G local area service.

If there are 1 or 2 and they are several hundred fee high then they are a traditional Cellular tower. As @Constructive indicated AT&T does not build their own Cellular towers. They are built by a 3rd party that the major carriers lease space from.

Dave

Dave

• 

2 Messages

Il y a 7 m

This is the tower that was erected on many of the properties. 
Constructive

Employee

• 

27.4K Messages

Il y a 7 m

Hardly a tower as you stated those pedestals are put in on an easement. 

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

17.9K Messages

Il y a 7 m

Was the pedestal installed after you moved in or there before you moved in? Either way, as mentioned they are installed on an easement. The only options available to you are to learn to live with it or move to a neighborhood that doesn't have one on your property. 

dave006

Scholar

• 

2.8K Messages

Il y a 7 m

@tgrier11 

Those Fiber are pedestals that provide Fiber Internet service to your neighborhood houses. You may think they are ugly but they raise your property values by a significant amount.

Dave

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

Il y a 7 m

99% of all cable companies will have a pedestal similar to that whether you have fiber ro copper.  If you want internet service you will need to get used to it. 

browndk26

ACE - Professor

• 

4.5K Messages

Il y a 7 m

Learn to live with it. It could be worse.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

30.1K Messages

Il y a 7 m

Not imminent domain as that was not your land being taken over by government.

You would need to check with the city regarding any easements as such. As long as AT&T (or authorized 3rd party) works within those limits, they can just do the work without informing you of anything. Only if it was installed outside of their permitted areas would you have any complaint to make.

You call that "unsightly"? It is hardly noticeable as is very subtle. Technology exists and will not always be invisible to your sight. Just don't sit there watching that little pedestal all day and you should be fine.

James1969

Teacher

• 

42 Messages

Il y a 7 m

Being in Communications for 30+ years (Copper, Cable, Fiber) from the street the 3 feet is where Copper, Cable, Fiber taps will run (Tap is were your house hooks to the Tap Network)

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

30.1K Messages

Il y a 7 m

Taking a 2nd look at that picture I question OP's priorities. I would be more worried about the apparent cracked road. Never mind just the look of it, but I worry about wear and tear or the increased chance for potholes or the like. If someone cares more about how a tiny box/pedestal (calling it a "tower" like it is something huge) looks, than that suggests a very snobbish outlook. Only caring about the smallest looks over big tangible function is a slippery slope to other worse things in society (which I will not go into as this is not the place for such a discussion).

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.