The best prices for our Military families
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
sydneygoss13's profile

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Aug 18, 2022 10:40 PM

Fiber Self Install

Hello! 

I recently moved into a new apartment and was told everything was set up for att internet so I ordered the self install kit. I attached pictures but all I have is this plug that says broadband, and the green fiber cord from the kit does not fit? I’m not sure if I need a different set up?

dave006

Scholar

• 

3.3K Messages

3 months ago

Oops that will not work. Your wall plate only wants what looks like an Ethernet for your Broadband service. Try to plug an Ethernet cable into the Green jack. If it does not fit please keep reading.

You got a BGW3200-500 or BGW320-505 with a direct Fiber Jumper and there is no Fiber drop there.

Try looking your bedroom closet for a Network panel. There may be a Fiber drop or your "Modem" may be down the hall in the Telco room.

Since you were able to order a self-install kit it might be hiding in another location in your unit. It appears that you may be looking in the main living area.

ETA: last paragraph...

Dave

(edited)

• 

2 Messages

3 months ago

Hi thank you! 

Yea the ethernet cable does not fit in the green jack. The only other thing we have is this box on the other side of the living room. There aren’t any jacks in it, unless I have to take the plate off? 

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

30.3K Messages

3 months ago

That's quite a bit closer.  That looks like that could be a fiber coming down the wall to go behind the plate.  But that's not the "right" kind of wall plate.  Yeah, I'd take the cover off to see if there's something behind there that your plug will fit in.  But you're looking like a likely failed self-install.

dave006

Scholar

• 

3.3K Messages

3 months ago

@sydneygoss13 

That's closer as that indicates fiber is in your unit.

Fiber service of some kind as @JefferMC posted above but there is no Fiber Jack to install your Fiber Jumper with the what cable you have with the Green connector.

That's a fiber termination of "invisible" fiber that is used in MDU building.

Since you got a Fiber AT&T Gateway BGW320 that is expecting an AT&T Branded Fiber Jack for your Green connector.

Is that plate near your door? What is on the other side of that wall in your unit?

Dave

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.