Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
jjjjst's profile

• 

3 Messages

Monday, November 7th, 2022 7:23 PM

Fiber Optic Cable Installation Not Completed

In the utility easement behind 126 McKnight Street, Florence, Alabama:  Fiberoptic cable was installed, but the installation crew never returned  to tension the cable.  An anchor was installed in the easement, but the anchor was never used.  The fiber optic cable sags through the dogwood trees.  It has been several months.  AT&T needs to have the contractors return and properly tension the cable (perhaps will have to install a pole).

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

9.5K Messages

3 months ago

Can you post some pics? 

• 

3 Messages

3 months ago

See photos.

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

17.5K Messages

3 months ago

The anchor isn't to tension the cable, it's help strengthen the pole on end runs and corners. I see one cable and no sag. It does look like the tree needs trimmed as it's rubbing on the cable, which is for the property owner to do. 

• 

3 Messages

3 months ago

spoom2: Connect the dots.  The pole doesn't need more strengthening until the cable is tensioned.  The crew did not return to tension the cable, so the anchor was not used.  THE CREW THAT PERFORM TOLD US WHEN THEY INSTALLED THE ANCHOR THAT A CREW WOULD RETUN TO TENSION THE CABLE, AND THAT AFTER TENSIONING, THE CABLE WOULD BE ABOVE THE DOGWOOD TREES.

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

17.5K Messages

3 months ago

Not being able to see either pole I can't tell if the cable will we above the trees, however as straight as that cable looks I really doubt it. Having tensioned more than one cable and anchored more than one pole I can tell you since that pole is already well anchored the other anchor other than code isn't keeping it from being tensioned. Each utility is required on an end run or corner to anchor their strand at least that's the way it was when I did it.  Unless that cable is attached several feet higher than the tree there's no way it's going to clear it. Another picture that includes the pole would help. Please provide photos after the work is done.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.