Our Community Forum will be shutting down on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
Powellpj's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, January 12th, 2018 5:29 PM

fiber optic cable installation in my neighborhood

I would like details about the installation of fiber optic cable in my neighborhood and any problems that occurred.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Hello:

I live in a subdivision in Cambridge Cove -  Silverlake in Pearland, Texas.

Full deployment is underway of what I am told is AT&T installing fiber throughout our area. Contract employees are in my back yard (where the utility easement and AT&T phone pedestals are located. It has been quite disturbing to see all this action occur so quickly (good that you all work fast) but having contractors walking through my backyard, opening a secured fence gate, hopping over my expensive ornamental fence which I recently had replaced (there is mud on the top rail from boots) and not using the gate from my back yard to the golf course, holes in the yard and I could go on. My point is that there has been absolutely NO notification. I've checked with reliable neighbors and they too are surprised. I checked with the HOA and management company and they have no information. I've asked the county engineer and they have not responded. I spoke with an on-site utility construction representative and of course he had the story to tell and allowed me to look at utility drawings. Again, my point is there has been zero notification. No hang cards on the front doors, no email (and I have been a life long AT&T voice line subscriber!!!!!!!!!!!!) no nothing to let us know as property owners. I'm very surprised and still surprised.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

There is letter after letter of this very thing happening.  They came in our neighborhood in Indiana and tore the place up.  One neighbor had their Invisible Fence torn out, a driveway was broken in 2 because a they drove over the drive with a backhoe, 4 irrigation systems were cut into and a waterline was broken and yards were torn up and not restored before they left just to name a few.  Several of us called AT&T and they said to just send a repair request and they would evaluate if they would fix it.  I had 4 guys laying on my back patio and I didn't know they were back there until I opened my backdoor to go feed squirrel.  Scared the sh*t out of me.  This bunch is absolutely ridiculous.  No one in our neighborhood with take the service because of what they did to the neighborhood.  This is an absolute joke.  Like you said, they say they hang door tags to let everyone know they are coming and they mark all underground lines before digging.  Apparently they don't because of all the stuff they ruined.  They don't give a crap.  I hate AT&T.  They have absolutely NO respect for peoples property.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

We're in the 76179 area of Fort Worth. Your people have broken our sprinklers, killed our lawn by leaving your heavy equipment on our front lawn overnight and you are doing NOTHING to fix it as we've have asked the contractor. We had no door hangers or notice that you would be coming on our property and ripping it up. Who do we call. The whole neighborhood now hates AT&T and wouldn't use it if you paid us. You've got some burned bridges to heal here. The next stop is going to be the TV news media and to have our HOA check with our attorney as to what to do about damages. Who do we contact?

Community Support

• 

232.9K Messages

5 years ago

Hi, Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Please call our Risk Management team at 800-894-0374, they’ll help you with next steps.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I live in Mansfield, Texas.  My neighbor had ATT put in fiber optic so now he has their internet service.  When I call ATT they advise that service is not available to either of us, even after I give them my neighbors address and re-state that he currently has their service.  I would love a contact number to call of someone who can help me get their service.  Thanks.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

They dug a huge hole in my back yard.  You could literally put a volkswagen beetle in the hole.

I just called them and declared it is a safety issue for my toddlers.  They came right out and fixed it (the next day, but that is reasonable).

Borrow a toddler   🙂

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

They dug a huge hole in my back yard.  You could literally put a volkswagen beetle in the hole.

I just called them and declared it is a safety issue for my toddlers.  They came right out and fixed it (the next day, but that is reasonable).

Borrow a toddler   🙂

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I saw a contractor that was measuring on my street and I asked him what he was doing. He said they were going to be installing fiber optics around March or April of next year. I have read all the horror stories of damages done by subcontractors doing this work.  He mentioned they were going to be boring into all the yards.  Who can I talk to about how this installation is going to be done since my HOA knew nothing about this and the man told me that HOA did. A lot of the neighbors are concerned about boring through yards and possibly damaging utility, water, sewer, and sump pump lines which are pvc plastic and can not be detected.  Thank you for your help.   Debbie Louisville Kentucky 

2 Messages

3 months ago

They have done a repair on the sidewalk of my house and left the street pipe broken. Could At&t come and repair it? Where should I call?

2 Messages

3 months ago

They have done a repair on the sidewalk of my house and left the street pipe broken. Could At&t come and repair it? Where should I call?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.