Our Community Forum will be shutting down on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
Powellpj's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, January 12th, 2018 5:29 PM

fiber optic cable installation in my neighborhood

I would like details about the installation of fiber optic cable in my neighborhood and any problems that occurred.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

The fiber is currently being installed on my street in the Sacramento area by a road construction contractor. The extent and intensity of work was never communicated to the residents. The info on the door tag is general and vague. There were no details given about specific work that would be done and how we would be inconvenienced, except for No Parking Tow Away Zone signs in front of every house. We aren’t allowed to park anywhere on our street. The utility trucks and equipment block our driveways. I work from home and I’m a mom who comes and goes all day long. The workers kindly moved the trucks  for the first few days, but it is now clear that I am inconveniencing them. Yesterday a worker  angrily threw his cords and hoses onto my lawn, then kicked over the safety cones next to his truck before moving it. I approached him and told him he could repark there for the next 4 hours and gave him the time I have to leave again. He was clearly perturbed by me. So I called the number on the door tag to ask what the procedure is for leaving my house and coming home, since it’s an issue now. He said they have to move when I’m leaving, but when I return, I have to park on the street. I said my whole street is a tow-away zone for the work.  He said to park on the next street. I asked what if have to unload groceries, and he lost it!  I shouldn’t have to feel ashamed for being a busy mom, a woman, and for working and living at home, but that’s how I felt after speaking with the disgruntled contact person.  I didn’t even bother asking about people who are disabled or moms that have to load babies into and out of their cars. I gave up talking to him. Also, we weren’t notified that a giant hole would be dug in everyine’s front lawn and our tree roots would be damaged. Or that sidewalks would be closed and drilled.  AT&T hasn’t replied to my complaint.  My last resort was sending an email to my county supervisor.  The work contracts need to require full disclosure to residents about the work before it starts. Send emails to your local representatives if you have complaints. I am about to terminate all of my AT&T service. Ginormous, greedy corporations should not have the right to take advantage of homeowners and residents like this. I also feel sorry for the workers who are stuck in the middle of this mess.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I forgot to mention that the contact person on the door tag is a construction worker for the company doing the installation, not someone from AT&T. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

AT&T was in my neighborhood doing the installation and dug a large area in my backyard.  Before they started they promised that anything that was dug up would be restored to the original state.  The work has not been completed.  Who can I talk to regarding this?

Teacher

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

HERE IS THE TOLL-FREE NUMBER to pursue your claim with AT&T for property damage from fiber optic installation. I previously posted my question on this site several weeks ago expecting someone from AT&T would give the contact info; they did not. When I later received in the mail a marketing piece for AT&T fiber optic service, I called their sales number and was very helpfully forwarded to a number for claims. I called that number, and they told me what to send and where. I did that, and I am now working through the process that I optimistically expect to be satisifactory. The contractor came to my house this week to view the site and to get information. THE NUMBER IS 1-800-894-0374.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you, this is very helpful!

T##- Please type your reply above this line -
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

NO ONE put any tag on my door.  I looked out one day and had flags in my yard, and then a few days later they come on my property and started digging, so you are not even being honest about that AT&T.  I have been a long time customer, for my internet, but will now be looking elsewhere for it, because that is just plain lousy customer service.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

They came through my yard in the snow and got stuck and tore my yard up never came to door never left tag on door and left a big mess. They legally had no right to be on my property my land goes to middle of road. If this is not fixed soon I will go to action 9 news. AT&T should check closer on people they hire. I am very upset.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Lol... your land does not go to the middle of the street. Are you really that dumb... if you have utilities in your neighborhood they are placed on the municipal right of way. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I have been waiting since November of 2018 to install a fence. I dropped a down payment and when I went to schedule the install, ATT had their crews out in my yard and dug a hugh hole with the orange mesh in the corner of my yard. This has obviously stalled my home fence install. Now in March, I still have the same issue.  The crews on site dont have much info and the weather has been fine enought to get this worked on.  When I called the numbers, I would be transferred to different people all stating that their portion is done and that I needed to contact someone else.  I dont even have ATT cable and am looking to cut most of my current cable as it is.  I have JULIE flags all throughout my yard and wish this would just go away. I am in New Lenox IL. Does anyone have updates???

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

If you have a large hole dug up in your yard, chances are you are getting a large box inserted into it like my next door neighbor did, and you will have the lovely lid to mow around.  When they dug the hole in my neighbor's yard, it sat there for over two weeks before they inserted the box, and weeks later, all through my neighborhood there are just giant mounds of dirt sitting around.  They told me they would be coming through and fixing the mess they made in our yards and plant grass seed, yet it has been two months now and no one has done anything with Spring right around the corner. Get ready to foot the bill to fix your own yard, because I don't think they have any intention of doing it.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.