Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
enronloser2's profile

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Friday, November 11th, 2022 9:07 PM

Fiber line cut. Out of service for over 3 weeks, going on 4.

On Oct 20, 2022 an Xfinity contractor cut our ATT fiber line. My residence has been without internet since then. Thankfully, the wireless division added hotspot data to our phone plans at no charge, but we have since almost completely exhausted that data.

The bury contractor came out yesterday (Nov 10) to run a new line, but ran out of water in their truck and said they'd be back "as early as Monday". That doesn't sound promising to me. They suggested that a technician should've been able to come out and splice the line.

So we setup a technician appointment for today (Nov 11). The technician came out and said that splicing isn't recommended as it can cause reliability issues. I'm fine with that explanation for the long term. My wife asked the technician if they could do it temporarily as we know exactly where it was cut. To paraphrase his response "I don't know if there's enough line and it just takes too long.

I then called the ATT bury line and spoke to a rep. They informed me that the bury contractor would be out to run the new line by November 18. That would be over 4 weeks without internet. My wife and I work from home often, but haven't been able to do so since this outage. I am very frustrated and anxious with this whole mess because when we first signed up for service, it took nearly 8 months to get it installed when we first signed up for service. We live in North Central Indiana. Cold weather is arriving tomorrow and that was a huge reason for the delay for the initial installation, though that wasn't the only reason. Is there anything else that can be done?

my thoughts

Employee

• 

20K Messages

3 months ago

Cold weather should nor immediately freeze the ground, in Northern states generally can

expect burial services to 1st week of December. I am in Wisconsin...

Is there a reason the tech could not lay a temporary fiber line above ground while waiting for burial? Most common is requiring boring under a surface such as street, alley, driveway, sidewalk, patio...

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

3 months ago

The technician couldn’t run a temporary line because it would have to cross a street.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.