Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!
B

• 

3 Messages

Fri, Nov 27, 2020 9:17 PM

Fiber internet

Can anyone give me a short run-down of what is involved in the installation of AT&T fiber internet and how long it will take? I’m thinking about switching from my current DSL through Earthlink to AT&T fiber internet. Our landline is horrible, much static or goes down completely every time it rains a lot even though they supposedly fixed the line a couple of times. Was out from Wednesday evening until mid-day today. Current DSL only works about 1/2 the time, disconnects multiple times a day or even during one session, often when trying to load a page. Cuts off when my husband makes or receives a landline phone call even though I have DSL filters on the phones. Took several hours just to post this question due to being cut off constantly. Been putting off switching because of COVID and I don’t know how much personal contact is required for tech person to install, but it looks like COVID is not going away anytime soon. I’m hoping they only need to come just inside the back door (current network interface is just outside back door) to install the signal sender and I can install the receiver modem/router connected to Mac myself. Am I correct? 

Responses

browndk26

ACE - Professor

• 

3.4K Messages

2 months ago

First, does your address qualify for fiber internet?

https://www.att.com/shop/unified/availability.html

I’ll let one of the techs who post here describe the install process if you can get att fiber internet. 

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

2 months ago

It is available for my address.

Get started...

Ask a new question