For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
Richardgersch's profile

• 

3 Messages

Monday, April 25th, 2022 8:30 PM

Fiber internet service availability

I would like to know if AT&T plans on putting service ( fiber ) on my block anytime in the near future?? 8400 block of Bryn Mawr,Chicago area code 60631. Thank you for your response.

Former Employee

• 

22.3K Messages

2 years ago

Unknown, ATT does not make future plans available to customer facing employees.

They are scheduled to add 3 million new addresses each year till end of 2025. This will add 12 million addresses to existing 18 million fiber for a total of 30 million by 2026. 

This, FTTP will be 50% of all hardwired addresses within 21 state footprint. 
The most likely will be NEW construction developments of apartments, condos, townhouses and single family. The next group is current FTTN addresses with internet speeds of 25 to 100. 

Some ADSL2+ addresses (10%? Of 18 million) May be upgraded. Currently this would be addresses of 18 or less (18, 10, 5, 3, 1.5, .76).

For the 20% (15 million) addresses not currently provided with some form of hardwired internet listed above I would not expect fiber to be deployed. They will likely continue having only cellular service available from ATT as either hotspot or fixed wireless similar to T-Mobile or Verizon cellular service. This was announced in November 2012 that a percentage where not feasible to hardwired would be wireless.

If ATT adds a 3rd (5) year buildout from 2026 to 2030 would expect similar 3 million per year providing 75% of hardwired footprint (45 million) with fiber.

The quickest and surest way to have ATT fiber service is relocation to where currently an option. Or continue to wait with no guarantee will ever have the service.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.