Uniquely for you. Preorder the new Google Pixel 6.
Z

• 

3 Messages

Fri, Sep 17, 2021 6:40 PM

Fiber installations amid the current pandemic

Hi! I plan on switching to fiber since my contract with cox is ending this month and they couldn't offer us anything better. Based on my household's needs, fiber 300 is best. However, I have a few questions.

1. Given the current pandemic, how are they doing installations? To those who got fiber internet installed during these times, how was it?

2. How is the equipment? I think I'll just be using their provided equipment because I don't know much about networking nor do I have any plans on using my own equipment as well.

3. Are speeds consistent?

4. In San Diego CA, are taxes included for internet? Looking at my cart it says it'll be $55 for one year then it'll jump to $75 after. Will it stay like this or will I experience fluctuations in my bill?

Sorry if these are lengthy questions in some way, trying to lay out my options given the crisis and I want what's best for my family since they're home doing online learning and telework.

Thanks!

Constructive

Employee

• 

23.8K Messages

1 m ago

1. Given the current pandemic, how are they doing installations? To those who got fiber internet installed during these times, how was it? Business as usual depending on location masks may be required for both parties

2. How is the equipment? I think I'll just be using their provided equipment because I don't know much about networking nor do I have any plans on using my own equipment as well. Thats good because you can only use at&t provided equipment

3. Are speeds consistent? seem to be consistent in most cases

4. In San Diego CA, are taxes included for internet? Looking at my cart it says it'll be $55 for one year then it'll jump to $75 after. Will it stay like this or will I experience fluctuations in my bill? not sure how taxes are done but usually you sign up for 2 years and the first year is discounted and the second year is retail

my thoughts

Employee

• 

18.2K Messages

1 m ago

After the 12 month promo expires, lose the discount, pricing will go then current pricing... 2021 pricing is $20 higher than the promo price. 

ATT generally has price increases in late January, early February thus your retail rate may be $75 or may be higher, example if ATT raises retail price by $3 then your price would be $23 higher. Results is there is no guarantee price after 12 months, but there would be no more discount, charged the price in effect at time of expiration. 

Note, is the $55 with email billing / autopay... these combined offers $5 discount, without price is $60.

What about the $10 equipment fee> Included in the $55 or extra? Most promos do not include fees/taxes thus the price would be $10 higher than $55 and $30 higher after promo expires.

$80-$20 promo discount - $5 paperless billing /autopay discount =$55 PLUS $10 equipment fee = $65 per month for 12 months, then $90 after 12 months as $20 new customer promo expired and $5 discount expired after 12 months. 

• 

3 Messages

1 m ago

Hi! I plan on switching to fiber since my contract with cox is ending this month and they couldn't offer us anything better. Based on my household's needs, fiber 300 is best. However, I have a few questions.

1. Given the current pandemic, how are they doing installations? To those who got fiber internet installed during these times, how was it?

2. How is the equipment? I think I'll just be using their provided equipment because I don't know much about networking nor do I have any plans on using my own equipment as well.

3. Are speeds consistent?

4. In San Diego CA, are taxes included for internet? Looking at my cart it says it'll be $55 for one year then it'll jump to $75 after. Will it stay like this or will I experience fluctuations in my bill?

Sorry if these are lengthy questions in some way, trying tohttps://19216811.cam/ lay out my options given the crisis and I want what's best for my family since they're home doing online learning and telework.https://1921681001.id/

Thanks! 

issue got solved!!

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.