Let AT&T help you elebrate your dad with Father's Day Gifts that connect us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
Enrico's profile

1 Message

Thursday, October 26th, 2023 5:00 PM

Fiber installation

I was able to order and schedule fiber internet installation and the day of the installation I was told there's no connection for my neighborhood. Why would you allow customers to order a service you can't provide? I've now had to order internet from a different provider and quite honestly thinking or switching permanently and wireless service which is a shame because I've been a customer since Cingular was the brand name.

Accepted Solution

Former Employee

• 

22.5K Messages

8 months ago

Is this a new fiber for the neighborhood?

Your issue sounds as if someone turned ordering activation on while the outside work has not been completed.

once had 2 fiber install same neighborhood, when arrived at the PFP they were still fiber splicing the PFP and was told I was the third tech out that morning… ordering was turned off and scheduled appointments were delayed for about 2 weeks.

Have also seen major fiber damaged caused by contractors requiring rework before services could be installed.

Or equipment shortages… as well as a neighborhood MDU turned on when only the single family units in neighborhood were getting service not the apartment buildings.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.