Military Appreciation: Exclusive savings for military, veterans, and their families!
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
M

• 

3 Messages

Mon, Nov 1, 2021 1:50 PM

Fiber installation in some of my neighborhood?

Hi everyone, 

I live in Pflugerville, TX 78660, right next to Austin. Our HOA indicated that fiber is being installed in our neighborhood by the Housley Group. However, I recently met an individual who works on the team installing fiber in our neighborhood and he said that my street that I live on and several others are not received by fiber that IS being installed on a street adjacent to ours. Is there anyone who can confirm or explain why we would not receive fiber but the street connected to ours does get it? Or can someone explain how we request this be addressed? I just reached out to our HOA and hopefully they have information as well. 

We are in desperate need of faster internet and it will be enormously frustrating if we have been told that we were getting fiber only to learn that we aren’t actually getting it, but just our neighbors. 

Constructive

Employee

• 

27.4K Messages

7分前

Even those neighbors won’t be getting fiber for at least 6 months to a year  that’s the time frame from laying fiber to heat up. 

• 

3 Messages

7分前

What does heat up mean? Going live? 

according to our HOA, AT&T is planing to connect the fiber together by December. Not sure if that means together or to houses, or neither.

Constructive

Employee

• 

27.4K Messages

7分前

heatup = sending light through the fiber or going live 

browndk26

ACE - Professor

• 

4.5K Messages

7分前

Your HOA doesn’t know when the fiber will be available to use or where it will be deployed. ATT doesn’t tell that to anyone. ATT deploys the fiber where they want to. It doesn’t always make sense to you how it’s done, but it does to att. If you need fiber that badly, you may havecyo move to get it. 

• 

2 Messages

3分前

Indeed - to translate AT&T will likely deploy fiber is the most convoluted inefficient way possible.  Have you seen their stock?  There's a reason it has a 8% yield and is at decade lows.  Because its being managed by people that have no idea what they are doing.

In my area they brought a bunch of trucks and equipment parked em 300 feet from house, built out fiber through the center sections and then left for other areas.  My section is fed off of the same vsam's right next to one another that the other ones were upgraded FTTH (all of which have fiber to the node and uverse service is already available).  There is ZERO reason that they shouldn't have deployed it to the rest of the neighborhood.  But they didn't and here we are a year later still nothing.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.