Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Jan 30, 2018 9:44 PM

Fiber Installation Failure

Fiber Installation Failure - my story:

So, I heard AT&T fiber might be available in my neighborhood. I called to check, and they said it was available, so I order it.

Installer starts the process with my wife before I get home, and when he produces the equipment it is DSL! Not what I ordered!

He explains the fiber is being installed in the neighborhood, and it will soon be actually available but not now.

I try DSL for 3 days and it is much less capable than my existing cable connection so I cancel.

After many phone calls, I still have to pay the $100 installation charge, though I did not order DSL nor did AT&T install the service I did order.

Is there a process available to dispute this matter?

Responses

Brand User
ATTHelp

Community Support

• 

140.1K Messages

3 years ago

Hello, @Skeptic11. Thank you for providing us with your concern, I will be more than glad to place you in the right path to get a resolution for your request. At the moment, as the DSL and Landline accounts require very specific assistance, we have an specialized Department that will be in charge of getting a resolution for you. Our goal is to help you as much as we can, that is why I got for you the direct line as well as chat option to contact the DSL/Landline Department. You can use one of the following ways of contact:

http://soc.att.com/2jpzIXM

On the link there is a chat option available.

Or by contacting the specialized Department over the phone: 877-677-2384

-ATTCares

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Feb 1 - more...The AT&T Community Admin (ATTCares) referred me to the DSL helpdesk. After telling my story to the DSL helpdesk, being on hold for about 10 min, telling my story again, another 10 minutes hold, telling my story a third time, I am on hold again. Now the Rep tells me they can't remove the charge but when Fiber is available I won't be re-charged.
I hoped this story would have a happy ending, but I feel dis-inclined to attempt any more business with AT&T. We will have to wait and see: "After all tomorrow is another day" - Scarlett

Thanks ATTCares!

Get started...

Ask a new question