Military Appreciation: Exclusive savings for military, veterans, and their families!
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
C

• 

1 Message

Sat, Oct 30, 2021 8:08 PM

fiber install concerns

The fiber in my area is from the alley and on the west side of my property. I have no real choice in getting fiber since AT&T is shutting down my DSL, and other providers in this area can't offer any good options. Believe me, I've checked. So I need to prepare. My install is supposed to happen in 3 weeks.

The west side of my house is where my power utility panel is located, where my DSL is attached, and where the cable TV line was run back when I had that.

The west corner of my backyard has a 30 ft. x 40 ft. concrete pad against my (new) fence on two sides. On top of the pad is, where my 25 ft. x 35 ft. workshop (complete with a gas line and electrical for lights and tools) sits on top. I will NOT allow my workshop to be torn down. 

Can the technician run the fiber cable on top of the concrete pad, and maybe along the fence, to my house? Also, there is already a hole in the brick of my house on the west side from when I had cable TV years ago. Will they be willing to use that to run the line/cable/whatever into my house?

Another concern is that this is an old house and my electrical outlets are two-prong. I use adapters to make them 3-prong. Will that be an issue?

I want to be as prepared as possible to make this go smoothly and quickly. Any information, help, and suggestions are appreciated.  Thanks!!

browndk26

ACE - Professor

• 

4.5K Messages

7 m مضت

Aerial or underground utilities?

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.