Military Appreciation: Exclusive savings for military, veterans, and their families!
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
gymslanger's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Tue, Dec 28, 2021 6:46 PM

Fiber Expansion

I am currently in need of broadband service. I am in the cul de sac of a subdivision of about 30 homes that have old ATT copper-based line run throughout. Most people down the street get somewhere in the 1-1.5 mbps range of speed, which is almost useless now. ATT discontinued connections to this line shortly after my new construction was completed, so I am unable to connect to any hardwired internet since ATT was the only provider on the street. There is currently a new phase of the subdivision being developed which will provide additional homes for potential connections.

There is currently another subdivision approximately 100-200 yards behind my property which has access to ATT Fiber. My hope is that there is some means for my subdivision to get the fiber update as soon as possible. The people in our subdivision are in dire need of good service as we has questionable cell reception, too, that causes even hotspot connections to be problematic. With the passage of the Infrastructure package recently, I was hoping that additional funding would allow for this project to be completed. If there is someone in the engineering department that could help out with this, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Constructive

Employee

• 

27.3K Messages

5分前

at&t doesnt share future expansions with the public or front line employees there no way to request it be brought to your street

my thoughts

Employee

• 

19K Messages

5分前

Hoping for government bill of $65 billion for improvements to internet …. 

will be divided by all ISPs over time..

“Funding will go out over a five-year period. It could take months or years for many major projects to start.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/15/biden-signing-1-trillion-bipartisan-infrastructure-bill-into-law.html

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.