Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
B

• 

3 Messages

Friday, November 27th, 2020 8:21 PM

FIBER CABLE Internet

Where can i find the cable information for a new fiber installation.  I know that Fiber is available in the new neighborhood were i am building a house.  How do i find out the side of cable/connectors to be able to install a pvc chase from the side of the house where the communication fiber/cable will enter the house and the other side of the house where the utility hub is located?  1 1/4" conduit?  larger/smaller.  I know i will need long radius elbows and no more than 360 degrees of turns.  

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

22.2K Messages

3 years ago

The OP post suggests that the installer did not have a fiber slack NID at time of install.

One can be added at a later date requiring access to the home as the interior fiber line would need replacement is extra slack is not provided inside the home. Often a different fiber run is provided for the interior that is more flexible, similar to wiring used in many apartment / condo complexes when placed in wall at wiring panel.

New Fiber installation | AT&T Community Forums

Notice the extra fiber drop (black) and the extra fiber IW (inside wiring).

If desired could purchase and run the fiber IW before installation.

Available in different lengths.... normally meters...

20 meter is about 65 feet as example

https://fibertronics.com/20m-scapc-to-scapc-simplex-singlemode-fiber-optic-patch-cable

Scholar

• 

3.8K Messages

3 years ago

Is your lot platted with streets, sidewalks, and curbs?

Any utilities already installed?

This might mean that Fiber will be in the ground before you pour your foundation. If Fiber is not already in on your side of the street there is no guarantee that your address will qualify for Fiber from AT&T.

It might not have been included in the initial Engineering planning.

More details from you would be helpful.

Dave

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

New neighborhood.  AT&T installed fiber back in July.  Address shows as being eligible for fiber internet.  I was hopping to be a little better prepared than my neighbor was for his connection.  See attached.  

Scholar

• 

3.8K Messages

3 years ago

ls. Is that on the side of their house?

So are their other utilities installed same side as this conduit or the other side?

Normally utility boxes are split between houses. Take a look in the front yard or back for the AT&T Ped or handhole and please share a picture.

From the handhole or Ped the Fiber can be run to the closest side wall or even around the back of the house at install time.

Find where your fiber terminal is and we can work from there.

Dave

ACE - Professor

• 

5.8K Messages

3 years ago

@BrianP_LSMO you want something like this on your house. 

Look for a green box in your yard. Like the one in the back of the photo. You may have the larger box in your yard too. 

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

That is helpful.  I am intending to run a PVC conduit through the basement, before drywall is installed.  I was trying to confirm the cable connector so i could provide a conduit that was large enough to handle the pre-terminated cable.  And yes, a 20-meter cable might be just long enough.    The basement area where the fiber will enter the house if going to be finished.  Easy to run a bit of PVC now.  Will be much harder later.  I know conduit isn't required but seems like it would be worth it now given the inability to ever replace the interior wire if its not installed now.    (2) 45s and a long run of straight pipe.  1" or 1 1/4" PVC?  size based on the connectors so field splicing would not be required?

I will order that cable and have it .  I don't suppose there is way to get my hands on a slack J-box before i have my service hooked up?  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.