For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
T

• 

3 Messages

Friday, September 18th, 2020 3:19 PM

Fiber available in my area for 2 years, yet installer can't install.

Amarillo, Texas, a couple years ago I get flyers in the mail saying ATT fiber is now available in my area.  a couple months later, I create a account on ATT, sign up for the 400/400 fiber internet, get the credit check, make a appointment to meet the ATT technician on March 19, 2019.   I took the day off work, met with the technician in his big ATT bucket truck.  He says that he can't install internet for me because the fiber needs to go the pole, once it's on the pole he could run it wherever it needs to be.  I asked what he meant and we walked out to the alley to show me.  The fiber hub (or whatever he called it) is in a green box in the ground and the contractors never finished it.  He said he would make some calls and get it ready to install in around 2 weeks.  That was over a year ago, neighbors want internet too.   Every time I call, they want me to make a appointment for a tech to come out and I must be at home.  Problem is that a Tech cant install it and apparently that have no pull or the proper contacts to get it done.  I still get flyers saying ATT fiber is available, but it's not.  Neighbors want it too.  It' literally needs a 18 foot trench dug to the pole.  All the other fiber hubs in the ground up and down the ally are the same.  They all lead to nowhere. Many other people have been making appointments for installation and all are the same situation.   It's a odd situation we all have "ATT fiber internet available in our area"   But it can never be installed anywhere around 3700 block on S Virginia st, Amarillo, TX 79109   Here is the picture of just one of the hubs and the pole that it's supposed to be ran to.  Making more appointments for a technician is useless.  Not taking another day off work for a technician to tell me he cant.   I just wanted to vent I guess..  hopefully someone with some contacts and a little pull will do something.  Six future customers waiting....

ACE - Professor

• 

5.8K Messages

4 years ago

Fill out this form. You should get a reply in a few days. 

http://www.att.com/gen/investor-relations?pid=27794

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you for the link!  Perfect!

Former Employee

• 

22.3K Messages

4 years ago

Is the fiber in the street hand hole?

A fiber terminal inside the hand hole?

How will AT&T wire my house for fiber? | AT&T Community Forums

If yes, it has to come from there, not the pole....

A contractor will need to trench or bore from the hand hole to the residential address....  

Once the fiber drop is buried then a tech can complete the installation.

A youtube video of buried install from handhole

https://youtu.be/-URIUHBzyfY

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Yes, that's exactly what's in there.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.