Military Appreciation: Exclusive savings for military, veterans, and their families!
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
sfloyd0327's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Fri, Dec 24, 2021 3:12 PM

Fiber availability

They ran att fiber down my road in May. I received a post card in November saying it was available. As of 12/24/21 it still is not. Any idea how much longer it could take? 

dave006

Scholar

• 

2.8K Messages

5 m مضت

The Post Cards are mass mailing by Zip codes. You should use the Availability tool:

https://www.att.com/availability

To check your individual address. You should also check the service addresses on both sides of your house.

Do you have aerial service or buried services so we can suggest what you should look for the final steps before activation.

Note: time from initial install to activation can vary widely due to supply shortages that all providers are experiencing.

Dave

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

4.2K Messages

5 m مضت

Sorry, this is primarily a customer-to-customer forum so obviously we have as much info as you do.  Even the AT&T employees who post here have zero clue about planning and operation.  The fact that you got the card is actually a good sign but it may be that they ran into some sort of unexpected issue that's taking longer to remedy than usual.

Hang in there, it'll be worth it!

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

4.2K Messages

5 m مضت

Thanks for the info about the blanket mailings, @dave006 .  That's a huge PR blunder.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 m مضت

I thought it was interesting that I stopped and asked an att tech doing some final work on the project in May and he said should be ready to go by end of June. A friend told me it was six months from when they started installing on his road. The availability tool doesn't even recognize I currently have dsl. Says internet not available at my address. 

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

28.4K Messages

5 m مضت

The availability tool doesn't even recognize I currently have dsl. Says internet not available at my address. 

If you have legacy DSL, you couldn't order it now.

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

4.2K Messages

5 m مضت

There's a valuable lesson there......nobody that you or I can talk to has any real idea about this stuff.  There are so many moving parts and those who plan and make decisions will never talk publicly. Until you can actually place an order, it's all speculation.  And even when you can place an order, there are times when it turns out that AT&T was wrong and they can't provide service.  Your current status is a prime example of their poor record keeping.

browndk26

ACE - Professor

• 

4.5K Messages

5 m مضت

You can only order what’s available. 

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.