The phone that makes your everyday epic. Buy the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G now!
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
daltex's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Thu, Sep 19, 2019 11:12 PM

Fiber 404 Error on Major websites

I recently switched from another ISP (internet service provider) to ATT 1 Gig Fiber and have experienced a few hiccups and need some assistance. I've tried clearing cookies, data, saved WiFi information, rebooted modem/router and a have had no results.  Anyone have any tips to get around this 404 error I'm constantly experiencing. Any information big or small is appreciated. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 y ago

Did you ever get a fix on this?  We are getting the error message and Netflix and AmazonPrime are not working!  Thanks!

• 

4 Messages

2 y ago

I just switched over to AT&T and get the same issue. Any did you get a fix?

• 

4 Messages

Same thing happening here. Just switched 24 hours ago. Getting the same problem. Would love to hear if there's a solution out there.

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

26.5K Messages

2 y ago

A 404 means you've reached a server, and it didn't have the content (path) you asked for. If you're getting this as the result of a ISP error, then the ISP took you to the wrong server (e.g. due to a DNS error). If using HTTPS, you shouldn't be getting 404, but a big security error.

• 

4 Messages

2 y ago

Same thing here. Just switched to AT&T 24 hours ago and getting 404 error messages in random spots. Wasted a lot of time with a tech support chat only to be told after about 30 minutes that they couldn't help because they were in the billing department. I'm very close to going right back to my old ISP.

• 

4 Messages

I was able to fix mine. The AT&T modem acts as a router along with my Orbi station. Having two routers in same network causes issues so I changed my Orbi to be just an AP (its in the advanced config menu). After this, the problem went away. Also, make sure you disable the wifi in the modem if you use an Orbi.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.