For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
skyguywi's profile

Teacher

• 

28 Messages

Friday, May 29th, 2020 12:44 AM

Extremely Poor Quality of AT&T Fiber Optic Service

After five months of waiting, I finally got my fiber optic phone and Internet service connected today. It took three technicians to do the job. Unfortunately they failed to adequately test the phone service before they left. I have no usable service.

​Here are the issues I now have:

• Dial tone stays on continuously when I place or receive a call. Neither party can hear the other.

• When someone calls me, the phone often does not ring. If it does ring, it is only a half ring and then the call disconnects. No one can call me.

• When I used Skype to call AT&T (due to the lack of working phone service), my Internet stopped when I tried to use the telephone. Apparently the fiber optic service cannot support simultaneous use of the Internet and the telephone.

• The Internet speed is 80% slower than advertised. I ran a speed test and found that I am getting the same speed as with my cable Internet. There is no advantage to fiber optic.

• The "Smart Home Manager" tool cannot log me on. I get an error message saying I do not have AT&T Internet service even though I am connected to it right now.

Just one hour after I had my service installed, I was calling AT&T repair service to schedule a repair visit. I think it's time for me to be a former AT&T customer.

No Responses!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.