AT&T Holiday Deals & Gifts - Don't miss these holiday deals on the latest devices!
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
C

• 

3 Messages

Wed, Oct 5, 2022 12:45 PM

Ethernet from gateway to my Mac

We have AT&T fiber for our TV and internet. From the gateway the connection to all our devices is WiFi. My internet via WiFi from the gateway is about 1/4 of the speed coming into our house to the gateway according to online speed tests. I want to change my Mac's connection to ethernet for a faster, more stable connection. It will need to go up from the outside wall in the Utility Room where the gateway is, up through the attic across the house, and down through the wall in my hobby room where the Mac is. Shouldn't be more than 50 feet total. Who can I get to do that? Can someone from AT&T do that? Do I need to hire an electrician? How much would something like that cost? I would try it myself but the idea of crawling around the attic terrifies me, and my husband would not be capable of doing it either.

my thoughts

Employee

• 

19.7K Messages

2 months ago

Call a low voltage company… many electrical companies in my area also have a low voltage division.

Cost will vary by markets, expect Alabama would be different than California.

• 

3 Messages

2 months ago

I am having trouble determining if anyone in my area does this work. If anyone knows of anyone in/near Muncie, IN does this, please post.

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

8.5K Messages

2 months ago

Google.......'low voltage contractors muncie indiana'

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.