• 

1 Message

Fri, Apr 10, 2020 1:33 AM

Credit Check

I am moving to an area that has AT&T fiber internet. I would like to switch from spectrum but before I make the switch on need to know if AT&T does a hard credit check. I had an at&t account before but had to switch because my area was not supported by at&t.

Responses

my thoughts

Employee

• 

15.3K Messages

2 months ago

Yes, any ATT service that requires entering into a monthly payment will require a hard credit check, to determine your credit worthiness. If low or no or poor credit may be required to pay a credit management fee, similar to a deposit but non refundable.

https://www.att.com/legal/terms.internetAttTermsOfService.html

from section 6 Payments...

a. Credit Check / Advance Payments & Deposits. By applying to purchase Internet Services, and by continuing to access the Internet Services, you are granting us permission to obtain your credit information from consumer credit reporting agencies at any time. If we determine that you may be a credit risk due to: (1) unsatisfactory credit rating; (2) insufficient credit history; (3) fraudulent or abusive use of any AT&T services within the last five years; or, (4) late payments for current or prior bills, we may refuse to provide the Services or we may require an advance payment, a non-refundable payment, and/or a deposit. Interest will not be paid on advance payments or deposits unless required by law. We may require special payment terms such as additional advance payments or deposits if we determine that the initial payment was inadequate. We may establish limits and restrict your Service or features as we deem appropriate. If your account balance goes beyond the limit we set for you, we may immediately interrupt or suspend your Service until your balance is brought below the limit. Any charges you incur in excess of your limit become immediately due. Upon determination solely by AT&T of satisfactory payment history or as required by law, AT&T may begin refunding of deposits through bill credits, cash payments, or as otherwise determined solely by AT&T. If you are delinquent in any payment to us, you also authorize us to report any late payment or nonpayment to credit reporting agencies.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.