For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
Melbadoc's profile

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, September 28th, 2022 12:22 AM

Contact an Engineer

AT&T put new fiber system in my neighborhood just 3 WEEKS ago... This is not an old request. The contractor representing AT&T entered my property without my permission and did damage to me lawn. The contractor has brushed me off 3 times now. The box placed on my property is NOT in the right of way. It is on MY property! Who do I talk to in the Kalamazoo area? 

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

AT&T put new fiber system in my neighborhood just 3 WEEKS ago... This is not an old request. The contractor representing AT&T entered my property without my permission and did damage to me lawn. The contractor has brushed me off 3 times now. The box placed on my property is NOT in the right of way. It is on MY property! Who do I talk to in the Kalamazoo area? If you wish to tell me this is 4 years old, please talk to someone that knows its only been 3 weeks since the project started. Today is 09/27/2022

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

2 years ago

The other comment you made was attached to a post that was 4 yrs old, not that your situation is that old.  The answer provided in that post was old info, thus you were given advice on how these cases are handled currently, by calling that number.

Scholar

• 

3.8K Messages

2 years ago

@Melbadoc 

The box placed on my property is NOT in the right of way. It is on MY property! Who do I talk to in the Kalamazoo area? 

What type of box was installed? Is it an in ground hand hole that is flush with the ground or a raised pedestal?

There is no way to reach anyone in the AT&T Engineering Department. And if you reached someone what would your question or questions be?

You could verify your property plat to confirm that there is no existing Easement where the box or the Fiber lines are located.

Dave

ACE - Expert

• 

32.1K Messages

2 years ago

@Melbadoc 

Your request is not old, but your prior post was in a thread from 4 years ago (2018). So the thread itself was old. That is where creating a new one is appropriate so you don't get mixed in with information that may be severely outdated. Always check the date of the thread before posting in it. As such, you don't need to tell us what today's date is as every post is date/time stamped.

Also please do not duplciate post. Your second post in this thread was just a copy/paste of your opening post. Either edit your post to add in additional info, or make the next post just the additional info itself. Duplicate posting is against the forum rules as just adds clutter. Just a friendly warning.

If your property is covered under an easement, they don't need your permission to install the equipment. That is what must be found out if they were within those limits or not. If it is outside easement lines, then you file a damage claim.

Unfortunatley "MY property" is limited in existence. Thank all the HoAs and such out there where everyone around you has official say in your property beyond just simple laws.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.