Military Appreciation: Exclusive savings for military, veterans, and their families!
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet

Related help: AT&T Internet support

C

• 

1 Message

Sun, Nov 7, 2021 9:56 PM

Changing room where fiber enters

Will ATT come out and move my fiber cable to come in a different room? When it was initially installed the tech found the closest entrance he could (saying something about firebrick and it would be difficult). It's currently in my master bedroom - but I want to moved it to the living room. (I plan on running cat6 after). Unfortunately this is more difficult due to ATT requiring you to user their modem. Anyways, my question is will ATT come move the fiber? I assume there would be some type of service charge. Has anyone had this service performed?
spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

15.3K Messages

7分前

What's your house layout?  Open basement or easy access crawl space?  Easy access attic? Need a bit more information.  They'll most likely do it, but would probably be cheaper to have a low voltage tech pull in a CAT5 from your modem to where you want it and install a switch or router.  Why wouldn't they put it where you wanted in the first place, other than the brick?

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.