Military Appreciation: Exclusive savings for military, veterans, and their families!
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
M

• 

1 Message

Thu, Dec 23, 2021 8:15 PM

Can I use my own equipment with AT&T Fiber?

I will be an AT&T Fiber customer in approximately 1 month.  I have my own router with an SFP port, do I need the BGW320 or other AT&T equipment?

Thanks!

ACE - Expert

• 

22.2K Messages

5分前

AT&T Internet requires the use of AT&T leased equipment.

dave006

Scholar

• 

2.8K Messages

5分前

@miclima 

Your router even though it has a SPF port it can't be used currently with AT&T.

The BGW320 device you have is a combination ONT and Router / Gateway / Wi-Fi / Switch. It only used the SFP card as an optical transceiver to convert the Fiber light. The ONT is implemented in SoC within the BGW320.

In some markets it is possible to bypass the use of the AT&T required Gateway but in newer areas where XGS-PON tech has been deployed in the infrastructure there is no know bypass at this time.

To even test you would need an external AT&T ONT that has been provisioned correctly and they don't offer an SFP optical transceiver as an option.

Stay tuned as the BGW320 has the capability to support 2 Gbps and 5 Gbps symmetrical speeds  and in test markets both speeds are being offed to customers.

Note: for reference what secondary router do you currently have?

Dave

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

30.1K Messages

5分前

@miclima 

AT&T requires use of their proprietary Gateway (modem/router combo). It is not owned, so you pay monthly for it always.

An additional router can be used in a passthrough setup. AT&T's Gateway will still provide the modem part and you don't get out of the monthly fee.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

30.1K Messages

5分前

@Dee Glenn 

They have to call to see if there is any cost to provide the equipment. But they certainly will pay monthly for it like everyone else.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.