Military Appreciation: Exclusive savings for military, veterans, and their families!
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
K

• 

1 Message

Fri, Nov 5, 2021 12:10 AM

Came home to flags and paint on our lawn for fiber cable yet we haven't ordered or changed service

Hello, we came home yesterday to flags marking our fiber cables and ATT paint on our lawn. It was not on any of our surrounding neighbor's lawn and we haven't ordered or changed any of our services. We haven't received any communication about these flags and paint labels being made on our lawn. Does anyone know why this would happen? I've tried calling but I am just put on hold for over an hour and 30 minutes and counting. The service is terrible and I shouldn't even have to make this call because we didn't order or change anything. 

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

15.3K Messages

7分前

Either someone called for a locate or they're getting ready to bury something. Are all the marking within an easement?  They normally don't contact you for locating existing facilities.

my thoughts

Employee

• 

19K Messages

7分前

The local locating company (811) is who would have placed flags and paint to identify buried lines…. 

any company could have requested the locate including cable, power, water, etc besides ATT.

browndk26

ACE - Professor

• 

4.5K Messages

7分前

You can call 811 and ask who requested the marking. 

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.