Military Appreciation: Exclusive savings for military, veterans, and their families!
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
W

• 

3 Messages

Wed, Oct 27, 2021 4:10 PM

Buried fiber line schedule

At&T installed our fiber internet service on Oct 11, 2021. 2-1/2 weeks later the fiber line is still laying on top of the ground along the alley and across the property of 2 neighbors. The neighbors are not pleased nor am I, and I am worried about the line being damaged by landscapers and garbage service. When I called the BWS line, I was told that my line burial was scheduled for Nov 17, 2021. That's 5-1/2 weeks after install date. TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE! What can AT&T do to rectify this extremely poor and untimely service? I need to have the line burial expedited. (Had I known that it would take this long to bury the fiber line, I would not have signed up for the switch to fiber!)

• 

225 Messages

7分前

In a perfect situation there would have been a hand hole in your front yard coming from the CFST, this doesn’t seem to be the case. At the beginning of the install the tech should have informed you as to the temp line and where it would be laying, and you could have opted to wait on the install until a pre bury ticket was completed.

dave006

Scholar

• 

2.8K Messages

7分前

The actual bury request in most markets is handled by a local contractor. Where there used to be 5-6 contractors per market now AT&T is lucky to have 1 left since Covid-19 and regional severe weather infrastructure recovery has impacted all ISPs.

It is simply a matter of manpower or the lack of workers to perform the actual work.

Out of curiosity what service did you have before having Fiber installed and it an option to switch back?

Dave

• 

3 Messages

7分前

It was the old U-Verse service. I don't know if it could be switched back. However, AT&T is doing all they can to get everyone on fiber. 

my thoughts

Employee

• 

19K Messages

7分前

NO, you could not switch back, you would need to change providers.

Or have a second ISP as a redundant service, recommend if work from home or virtual schooling as repair ticket can be days before a tech could be dispatched for repair.

In my state, Wisconsin, no burial occurs once ground is frozen. This is generally from Thanksgiving to early/mid April. Then can be additional 10-12 weeks once burial starts before backlog is completed, which means requests in April/May are generally buried in July. 

So 8 weeks to burial is relative to what is going on. I would expect southern states where burial can occur year long is still waiting as most of ATT fiber expansion is in the southern states. Only the 5 states of Midwest (Ameritech) have frozen ground issues during winter months that Inam aware of resulting in 12 months of requests handled in 8 months. 

sanman202

• 

237 Messages

7分前

My tech back in August said it could take a few weeks. It only took about a week. I did push them a bit by calling and emailing the bury line dept. I'd call them again and tell them it's a hazard as there is lots of traffic in that area. 

• 

3 Messages

7分前

AT&t did come out and raise the temporary line off the ground so that my neighbor can mow along the alley. (After another neighbor complained about it being a tripping hazard) The Tech said that in all probability the burial of the line would not happen sooner than Nov 17. At&T has switched contractors for burying lines and they are behind schedule. So, we'll see what happens in the next 2-1/2 weeks!!!!

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.