Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
chrisroadster's profile

• 

1 Message

Sunday, July 31st, 2022 11:44 AM

Builder Installed Fiber Terminal but nothing else... what now?

I live in a new construction five person, multi-family condominium. We received our certificate of occupancy just last week after an 11 month construction delay. Our builder installed a ATT terminal on the side of our building but for some reason did not route lines into each of our units. So at various times this week, we have all called ATT to setup our internet only to find out there is no line from the terminal into our individual units. We have called the builder who has said there is nothing left for them to do because "some people may chose ATT, others spectrum" (why go through the trouble of hiring ALFGlobal to install the ATT terminal if what my builder says is true?) and that its now on us to do the rest despite three ATT technicians all saying its on the builder to get this done and it should have been done before construction was finished. 

Either much as I would like to harangue our builder (and I will later), I am more focused on getting internet working in our units. What would you all suggest the next step is to at least get the process going? Is this something ATT can do for us or does it need to be done through a contractor. I also assume our yards would need to be ripped up? How quickly can this part of the process be done since it seems the first half is already done. Any advice is appreciated. 

Former Employee

• 

22.2K Messages

2 years ago

Do you have coax for Spectrum service on the units?

If so, who installed it? The builder?

Units Fiber should been been installed when all other wiring (electrical, networking, coax, etc) was being performed, when the walls were open, before drywalling.

The complex owner that developed the building should have had all work scheduled.

Can it be done after the fact, yes… but would expect a one year delay or more if ATT is requested to convert the building or hire a local company to install fiber from each units wiring panel to the building terminal posted.

Former Employee

• 

22.2K Messages

2 years ago

Yards should not need to be touched, need all fiber ran from this point into the building, likely to the attic spaces and dropped down a wall in each unit, ideally to a central panel that all unit wiring is being delivered from… normally a panel in a closet if no basement in each unit. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.