Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
jamiecastaneda's profile

• 

1 Message

Friday, September 23rd, 2022 6:10 PM

Broken Sprinkler Lines and buried Heads

For the past few months the corner of the lot where the contractors dug up to install a box and run the fiber cables has no water pressure.  I saw when the digging took place several pieces of PVC pipes broken and heads scattered all over the pile of dirt.  I asked if they were going to repair the sprinkler system that lay in broken pieces and was told yes.  I finally had to hire a professional to find out why the pressure was so low.  Two main lines were cut and never fixed and a couple sprinkler heads were buried underground causing a loss in water and pressure.  The cost to repair this has been $1000.  This doesn't include the grass I had to purchase in the beginning of the year because they kept forgetting to lay the new grass down on this property.  Who do I talk to about getting this cost covered by the ontractors?

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

9.6K Messages

4 months ago

Yeah, the contractor was never going to fix what they damaged so you did the right thing by handling it yourself.

The current procedure is to call 800-288-2020 and file a claim for the damages.  AT&T will collect the info (hopefully you took pictures of the damage) and start a claim which will get passed along to a company called Sedgewick who processes the claim.

We only see horror stories in here so it's hard to tell how many of those claims get resolved without issues.  You can search for 'Sedgewick' here in the forums and see what you might be up against.  🤞

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.