Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.
A

• 

1 Message

Sun, Jul 12, 2020 7:49 PM

AT&T worst internet possible

How the (Edited per community guidelines) do you manage to promise 1000 mbps and I can’t even play one online game without lagging my actual (Edited per community guidelines) off which is ridiculous my mom has been on the phone with customer support and they always claim to fix the “problem” but I think the problem is the internet just (Edited per community guidelines) 

Responses

• 

1 Message

25 days ago

I wanted to write about my experience with signing up for AT&T services for their Fiber 1000 Internet Services or what they also call their UVerse Internet. 

I signed up for a special rate for one year after which the rate would increase by $20 per month for the same service. I already had a Fiber setup installed at this address so I did a self install and the speeds were very good (as I had setup an Ethernet connection). The problem from day one was AT&T’s tech support department seemingly deliberately sabotaged my UserID setup for my Account (that was how it felt after over 11 hours in two days, trying to get the problem resolved). I had successfully set it up myself but I could not install the McAfee Security for my All-In-One computer, so I called their tech support to assist. The tech instructed me to set up a new UserID which didn’t make much sense to me & said so, but followed the instructions and when I attempted to sign in, it gave feedback the system could no longer identify who I was. I spent hours online with various tech support staff trying to undo the mess but never received the assistance I needed (they ALL stated that once multiple UserIDs were made for an account, there was nothing they could do to eliminate them!) and was locked out of my account for the next week as I could not sign in, could not access chat without signing into my account first and their Artificial Intelligence (AI) or Bot (chat robot on the Internet with programmed choices made by AT&T) that answers their customer service line would NOT allow me to speak to ANY human! The Bot is programed to insist on knowing what service I want assistance with and once I stated “Internet”, it would immediately start testing the “lines”, tell me my Internet connections are great and immediately hang up on me!! I would attempt to protest and state I don’t want my line tested and want an agent but was completely ignored-all of that deliberately programmed into AT&T’s chat bot so a customer cannot get tech support or customer care! 

The following Friday, I spent from 11 AM until 5 PM also attempting to get it fixed so I could sign into my account so I could sign in to do things like pay my bill, etc.—small things like that! I had to ask the AI (Bot) Wonder Machine to hook me up to the Loyalty Department just to finally talk to a human. They had me talk to a Digital “Expert” who had me use one UserID to sign into my HBO account, one UserID to sign into my Email account and another UserID to sign into my Account but she refused to help me install the McAfee Security! So I was transferred to Tech Support who insisted I change my password for signing into my account and then transferred me to McAfee to install Security when he couldn’t do it!! McAfee tech was quite upset to find that when I signed into my account the message “SYSTEM ERROR” appeared and so he couldn’t install it because I STILL could NOT sign into my account AFTER TWO FULL DAYS ON THE PHONE with AT&T Tech Support. I cancelled service right after that and was told I would not have to pay for the week of “services” I had been locked out of. I would like to know how a TECH company would not be able to assist a customer resolve an ONLINE account issue of their own making. Just another example of AT&T enriching the lives of their customers. 

Get started...

Ask a new question