Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
crawfish2013's profile

• 

3 Messages

Friday, April 8th, 2022 4:04 PM

AT&T Technician broke my connection during neighbors install

I'm really disappointed in At&T. I have worked from home since the Covid pandemic started.

My internet went out while I was working on 7 April 2022. I immediately called AT&T to troubleshoot and  scheduled a technician to come out and repair the issue on 9 April 2022. 

I live in the end unit of a townhouse where the AT&T box is located. I go outside and see the AT&T technician working on the box. I informed him that my internet was out and asked when will it be back up. He said he's installing my neighbors fiber and it did not impact my network but he would take a look at it--this was obviously a lie!  

I called up AT&T and talked to two separate people on the phone, one from India and the other in the US. I wanted to try to get them to contact the technician and make him repair my connection (that he broke) before he left.  I shouldn't be that difficult right?However, they said it wasn't possible for them to contact the technician on site? 

I'm very disappointed with AT&T.  What type of training do these technicians receive? Due to laziness or incompetence the technician broke my internet connection. Do they just randomly disconnect or cut cables and hope there is no impact. As a result of this technicians decision I am without internet for two full days. I had to get a hotel room to perform my daily work activities online. 

I have had AT&T for two years and I will no seriously consider what other options are available in my area. 

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

2 years ago

they were correct that they cant contact the tech in the field 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.